become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gay,_Lesbian,_and_Bisexual/Marriage
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Open Directory - Regional: Africa: South Africa: Society and Culture: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual: Marriage
Society: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual: Law: Marriage and Domestic Partnership
Lesbian and Gay Equality Project and Eighteen Others v Minister of Home Affairs (CCT 10/05)  ZACC 20; 2006 (3) BCLR 355 (CC); 2006 (1) SA 524 (CC) (1 December 2005)
- Constitutional Court judgement demanding parliment to correct legislation to include same sex marriage.
Minister of Home Affairs and Another v Fourie and Another (CCT 60/04)  ZACC 19; 2006 (3) BCLR 355 (CC); 2006 (1) SA 524 (CC) (1 December 2005)
- Constitutional Court judgement that "under the Constitution the common law of marriage has been developed to include same-sex unions."
Wikipedia - Same-sex marriage in South Africa
- Events leading up to the creation of the Act allowing for same sex marriage.
New York Time: South African Rites
- Personal experience of getting married at a Home Affairs office. (July 16, 2009)
BBC News: South Africa to have gay weddings
- South Africa's highest court rules in favour of same-sex marriages, which were banned under current legislation. (December 01, 2005)
Iol: Gay marriage rights hits traditional snag
- African communities ask about gender specific tradition of ilobolo, and why the government did not ask opinions on other legislation that affected them. (February 21, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2009 at 19:18:23 UTC -