become an editor
the entire directory
only in South_Africa/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Waste and Recycling
Regional: Africa: Regions: Southern Africa: Science and Environment
Regional: Africa: Science and Environment
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Organizations: Government Geological Surveys: Africa
Science: Social Sciences: Area Studies: African Studies
This category in other languages:
Botanical Society of South Africa
- Many of the Society’s activities are carried out by volunteers, only the flora conservation programmes have totally project-dedicated staff. Details on botanical gardens, activities, branches and publications.
Cape Action for People and the Environment (C.A.P.E.)
- Is a government programme to protect the rich biological heritage of the Cape Floristic Region (CFR). List of projects and details, implementing and funding agencies, document downloads and job opportunities.
Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve
- Background information on the reserve and future plans. Includes a list of tourist guides in the area, events calendar, photo gallery, press releases, publications, poll, feedback form and member application form.
Council for Geoscience, South Africa
- Geological, geophysical and palaeontological research supplying geological information to the Government and the public.
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Fields of research include biosciences, built environment, safety and security, information and communication, laser technology, natural resources, space technology, synthetic biology and nanotechnology.
Department of Arts, Culture, Science and Technology
- South African Government Dept of Arts, Culture, Science and Technology. Direct link to Science and Technology section.
Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism
- Lists policies and projects, and state of the environment reports. Provides maps, news and calendar of events.
Environment News and Forums South Africa
- Forum on global environmental issues with the main focus on Africa and South Africa in particular.
Environmental Monitoring Group (EMG)
- Building and supporting functioning and equal relationships between policy and decision-makers and those who are most affected by these decisions. Includes detailed introduction, summary of work in progress, link to relevant and related websites.
The Exploration Society of Southern Africa
- A forum for the conceptual and physical exploration of Southern Africa and beyond.
Geo Africa Earth Science Resource Directory
- GeoAfrica earth science resources in Africa, including geology, geophysics, mining, consulting and contracting companies, and suppliers of exploration equipment and software
Human Sciences Research Council
- Specializes in humanities and social sciences research. Includes research material in various formats.
Johannesburg City Parks
- Managing agency for cemeteries, parks and environmental conservation in the Johannesburg metropolitan area. Projects, annual reports, tender information and application, search for deceased and policy guidelines.
Kwazulu Natal Fire Protection Association
- Non profit Association which specializes in aerial veld and Forest fire fighting.
National Research Foundation (NRF)
- Organisation for investing in knowledge and innovation across all disciplines of the natural sciences and engineering, as well as social sciences and humanities.
- The South African Airways Museum Society situated in Johannesburg.
- Features news opinions and resources that focus on organic and eco-friendly events, markets and products. Includes forum, book reviews, local and international news.
South African Education and Environment Project (SAEP)
- Aims to promote environmental education, support advocacy leadership and the use of information technology to enhance sustainable development. Detailed information on the different programmes available.
UNDP : South Africa
- UN's global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
Wilderness Foundation South Africa
- Its mission is to protect and sustain wilderness areas and wildlands through integrated conservation and education programmes. Data and imaging on conservation projects, foundation background details, introduction to wilderness school trails, newsroom, forum, events calendar and newsletter.
Wildlife and Environment Society of Southern Africa (WESSA)
- Comprehensive information on national projects, environmental education, conservation, events and news.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 27, 2014 at 18:18:49 UTC -