become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Information and Communications Technology
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Issues
Society: Philanthropy: International Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
- Seeks to provide a forum for leaders in Africa and the West to work as equals to identify and define innovative approaches and projects to improve the lives of people in Africa.
Africa Faith & Justice Network
- Works closely with Catholic missionary congregations and numerous Africa-focused coalitions of all persuasions to advocate for USA economic and political policies that will benefit Africa's poor majority, facilitate an end to armed conflict, establish equitable trade and investment with Africa and promote ecologically sound development.
Africa Leadership Forum
- Organises conferences and publications to help cope with Africa's leadership and development crisis.
- Platform for analysing and contributing to the issues and solutions raised by George Ayittey's book 'Africa Unchained'.
African Foundation for Development (AFFORD)
- Supporting the African diaspora in the UK to contribute to wealth and job creation in Africa. Includes news and information about activities, events and membership.
African Information Society Youth Network
- A regional youth information and communication electronic network. Its objective is to facilitate and coordinate the implementation of youth-targeted ICT-programmes in the context of promoting sustainable youth livelihood, education and entrepreneurship opportunities in Africa.
The African Uptimist
- Clean energy and Internet access for people in Africa: An optimistic view of what works, what's better and where's the action.
- Specializes in helping Africa by helping alleviate hunger, building water wells, treating childhood diseases, and supporting social empowerment. Page includes crisis news, positive developments and office locations.
- NGO providing aid to rural African communities via aviation; project details.
BBC News - In Depth: Africa After The Promises
- Ongoing news, analysis and features about the 2005 G8 pledges of aid and debt relief. Includes photos, audio, video and forum.
CAFRAD (African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development)
- Pan African intergovernmental organization for the improvement of governance systems. Includes information on activities, goals and member states.
Catholic Relief Services - Africa
- News and information about CRS projects including food security, peace building, HIV/AIDS, civil society building, Emergency Response and health.
Charity Navigator - Africa
- Independent charity evaluator provides free financial evaluations of America's charities, aimed at the individual donor. Offers news and information on wise giving and charity ratings.
Christian Aid - Africa 2005
- Group tackling the causes of poverty and injustice explains their work with the Africa Commission and their response to its official Report. Includes information on how to get involved.
The Damietta Initiative
- Welcoming people of all faiths to encourage non-violence and peace throughout Africa in the Spirit of St Francis of Assisi. Includes news, FAQs, prayers, photo gallery and ways to help.
Eldis - Africa South of the Sahara
- News and country profiles with information by sector: health, education, gender, agriculture, trade and finance, governance, environment, poverty, food security and emergencies, aid and debt. From the Institute of Development Studies, Sussex.
Foundation for the Development of Africa
- Africa sustainable development non profit organisation; campaign for support of NEPAD.
GoedgedachtForum for Social Reflection (GFSR)
- Nonpartisan, Catholic Social Teaching-guided South African think tank studying social, economic and political issues and sponsoring training, poverty relief, and other social programs. Publications and reports, trust information, and directory of development resources.
Guardian - Special Report: World Debt Relief
- News, analysis, background information and links.
- Book site about development and aid for late developing countries.
Lubuto Library Project
- Provides library collections for orphans and other vulnerable children affected by the AIDS crisis in sub-Saharan Africa, enabling them to develop the knowledge and skills to reconnect with their culture and community and participate fully in society. Includes FAQ, newsletter, photos, press room and how to donate.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Foundation established to promote African development, with a special focus on promoting good governance in sub-Saharan Africa. It awards the Mo Ibrahim Prize for Achievement in African Leadership and ranks sub-Saharan African nations in the Ibrahim Index of African Governance.
Ohio University - Institute for the African Child
- Promotes research, teaching and service that consider children in Africa's socio-economic development. Offers workshops, conferences and papers.
SOS Children's Villages - Africa
- Presents maps and country information about SOS facilities and programmes.
- A view of Africa and Africans with a focus on entrepreneurship, innovation, technology, practical remedies and other self-sustaining activities.
Tools for Self Reliance
- Supports workers in some of the world's poorest countries by providing basic hand-tools and helping promote local tool-making initiatives.
- Member network of training, research and advocacy organisations aiming to improve the effectiveness of the NGO sector to fight poverty in Africa. Includes news, programs, activities, partners and country profiles.
UNIFEM Worldwide - Africa
- UN agency presents programmes and activities plus news, statements, reports and documents on the status and progress of women and issues which affect them. United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM).
US African Development Foundation
- Independent US Federal agency established to support African-designed and African-driven solutions that address grassroots economic and social problems. Includes news, programs, publications, countries involved and how to apply for funding.
USAID - Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS)
- Provides overview briefs, weather hazards with imagery and maps, livelihoods, special reports, and contingency and response planning reports. Includes food security status reports on current emergencies, warnings and watches.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 26, 2015 at 6:45:05 UTC -