the entire directory
only in Africa/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Africa: Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Chats and Forums
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: Geography: Africa
Science: Social Sciences: Area Studies: African Studies
Society: Ethnicity: African
This category in other languages:
- Foundation for political education and dissemination of cultural information about Africa. Details of publications and research.
Africa Resource Center
- Educational portal develops and distributes academic research materials and products on Africa including peer-reviewed journals, bibliographies, poetry, art, scholarly essays, stories, exhibitions, autobiographies and a who's who directory.
African Information Society Youth Network
- A network project that was the result of regional initiatives from the Global Knowledge Youth Forums.
- Notes and links about African traditional rulers.
- A selected list of books, recordings and videos of interest to students of African music, culture and religion. Compiled 1996.
African Youth Foundation
- A non-profit development organisation created to aid young people in Africa, as well as African nationals abroad to undertake projects which will enable them obtain skills necessary for their future livelihoods.
- Comparative series of national public attitude surveys on democracy, markets and civil society in Africa. Includes news and updates, surveys, results, publications and data.
Ancestors in Africa
- Information about mortuary customs and beliefs, ancestor worship, death, and dreams. Created by David Zeitlyn as part of the Experience Rich Anthropology Project.
Art and Life in Africa Online
- Documents on art, culture and society in Africa.
Center For World Indigenous Studies: African Documents
- Reports on indigenous peoples.
Columbia University Libraries - History and Cultures of Africa
- Directory of annotated links.
Danny Yee's Book Reviews - Africa + African History
- Reviews of books on African history and culture.
- A network for comparative studies, monitoring and evaluation of ethnic conflicts and social transformation in Africa.
- Annual forum on journalistic, technological, and political issues crucial to the development of New Media in Africa. The Conference is held during September each year at Rhodes University.
Journal of African Philosophy
- Promotes the study of African and African Diaspora philosophy; editorial, subscription and submission details.
Kabissa - Member Profiles
- Kabissa members are non-profit organisations throughout Africa. The Members directory contains full contact details and mission statements.
Mortuary Customs And The Belief In Survival After Death Among The South-Eastern Bantu
- Academic paper from the Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing, University of Kent.
Observatory of Cultural Policies in Africa
- Provides information, scientific criteria and operational services for those involved in the development of cultural policies in Africa.
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
PBS - Wonders of the African World
- Documentary by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. about African history and culture. Includes audio, classroom activities and additional resources.
PBS Wide Angle - Africa
- Investigative journalism and documentaries about Africa and African countries.
Pan Africa Bicycle Information Network
- Working to improve opportunities for bicycle transport and low-cost mobility. Includes information, discussion groups, and links on policies, programs and other resources relating to bicycle or other non-motorized transport on the continent.
- Notes on some of the peoples of Africa.
Population Information Network - Africa
- A collection of population information resources on the web produced in and by African institutions.
Southern and Eastern Africa Policy Research Network
- A network of six research institutions who are engaged in strengthening policy analysis in their home countries.
Stanford University - Africa South of the Sahara: Culture and Society
- Annotated directory of links to web resources.
The Guardian - New Africa
- The Observer New Review reports from a dynamic continent that is finally daring to dream, changing the script from the same old stories of poverty, disease and corruption.
UNESCO - Iron Roads in Africa
- Project to develop interdisciplinary scientific research and intersectoral activities about ironworking.
Washington Post - African Lives
- A series of occasional articles that chronicles the everyday lives of African peoples.
West Africa Review
- Peer-reviewed journal focused on research and scholarship related to West African countries, governments, institutions and peoples.
Wikipedia - Category:Ethnic Groups of Africa
- Directory of encyclopedia articles about African ethnicities, by country and tribal groups.
Wikipedia - Culture of Africa
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article includes tribes and ethnic groups, music and dance, art and craft, folklore and folktales, languages and literature, philosophy, religions, festivals and celebrations, and food and drink.
Ìrìnkèrindò: A Journal Of African Migration
- Publishes scholarly articles documenting the relevance of African immigration and migration to the world's social, political and economic systems.
Society and Culture
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, April 19, 2013 4:40:56 AM EDT -