become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Water_Resources
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Africa: Science and Environment: Water Resources
Regional: Africa: Science and Environment: Agriculture
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Drought
Science: Environment: Water Resources
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations: Water Supply
The African Water Page
- Links and reports for African water sector professionals.
IDRC - Management of Water Demand in Africa and the Middle East
- Online book (1997) documents research activities, identifies social issues stemming from the application of specific options, and discusses the nature and scope of WDM as a field of study.
IDRC - Water Management in Africa and the Middle East
- Online book (1996) presents key issues, trends and strategies for further research and action.
Managing Water for African Cities
- A joint initiative of United Nations Environment Programme and United Nations Centre for Human Settlements. Purpose of groups is to build water capacity in several chosen demonstration cities, to provide information on good water management practices for urban communities, and to create a network of sector professionals working within the field.
Nile Basin Initiative
- Cooperative venture between nations who share the waters of the Nile river to achieve water security and avert conflicts over water resources. History of the project and maps and photographs of the river.
Nile Basin Society
- A web forum on the Nile River water crisis.
Rainfall Variability and Drought in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Describes patterns of rainfall amounts during periods of years. Includes chart and statistics. Data was compiled by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. (January 05, 1996)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 16:35:05 UTC -