become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Governmental Environmental Organizations
National Parks and Reserves
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture
Science: Environment: Climate Change: Desertification
Society: Issues: Environment
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: Regional: Africa
This category in other languages:
Africa Volcanoes and Volcanics
- Descriptions and maps.
African Centre for Technology Studies
- An international inter-governmental policy research and training organization located in Nairobi, Kenya. The Centre's activities focus on the implementation of Agenda 21 and related conventions on biological diversity, climate change and desertification.
African Journal of Biotechnology
- Topics include nucleic acid research, subcellular processes and plant studies. Also, has preview of next issues, archives and article search. Includes abstracts and full text (in pdf).
African Journals Online (AJOL)
- Tables of contents and abstracts of articles from journals in agricultural sciences, science and technology, health and social sciences, published in Africa.
African Technology Forum
- Practical information on science and technology in Africa to corporations, individuals and institutions in the US, Africa and the rest of the world.
allAfrica.com - Sustainable Africa
- News about the issues of biodiversity, water, energy, health and agriculture. Includes organizations, calendar and resources.
- Links to current news stories from around the continent.
AllAfrica.com: Science and Technology
- Links to current news from around the continent.
Arid Climate, Adaptation and Cultural Innovation in Africa - ACACIA
- Research on the historical development of the African continent and its people during the last 12,000 years in light of the complex interrelation between Man and changing environmental conditions.
Arid Lands Information Network
- A network of Community Development Workers involved in drylands development. Information about activities, partners, publications, technologies.
- Interstate committee for drought control in the Sahel region. Focuses on food security and resource management initiatives. [English, French]
Congo Basin Forest Partnership
- Free association of public and private partners, working to reduce poverty and improve the lives of the Congo Basin's people through biodiversity, good governance and sustainable use and management.
Down to Earth: Geographical Information for Sustainable Development in Africa
- Complete text of the 2002 book published by the Board on Earth Sciences and Resources. Covers Agenda 21 implementation, the use of geographic data, and GIS-based decision support systems.
- Official site of Philip Emeagwali, voted Africa's greatest scientist by New African for his work on supercomputer development. Includes booking details plus links to speeches and articles.
Environment and Ecology
- Stanford University Libraries/Academic Information Resources
Famine Early Warning System (FEWS)
- Meteorological Analyses, Cold Cloud Top Graphics and Animations, Precipitation Estimates, CPC Global Monitoring and Analysis Products.
Food Supply Situation & Crop Prospects in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Report of the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) that provides an assessment of the current food supply situation in sub-Saharan Africa. Articles in PDF format.
- Information on natural resource management in Africa, targeting academics and practitioners based in the region.
Science in Africa
- A monthly magazine containing popular articles, research findings, events, scientific developments, and resources about science in Africa.
UNESCO Nairobi Office
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization's Regional Office for sub-Saharan Africa. Information about programs, staff, online journals.
United Nations Environment Programme - Regional Office for Africa
- Acts as the link between the various units and centres of UNEP and the countries in the region, and promotes collaboration and partnerships with organizations active in sustainable development in Africa.
United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa
- Established in 1986 to catalyze the formation of human capital in science and technology for the effective conservation, management and utilization of Africa's natural resources.
USDA Forest Service: Africa
- Supports sustainable forests and biodiversity conservation in countries around the world. Page includes list of projects.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2015 at 15:35:14 UTC -