become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Genocide
Society and Culture
Regional: Africa: Regions: Central Africa: Society and Culture: Conflicts
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Genocide
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: War Crimes
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: War Crimes: International Criminal Court
This category in other languages:
BBC News: Remembering the Genocide
- Photo-journalist Nick Danziger visited the country to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the genocide.
EPS - Environmental Scarcity and Violent Conflict: The Case of Rwanda
- Academic paper about the background to the genocide.
Frontline: The Triumph of Evil
- "A report on the Rwanda genocide and how the United Nations and the West ignored warnings of the 1994 Rwanda genocide and turned its back on the victims of the genocide."
International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR)
- Established by the U.N. Security Council to prosecute persons responsible for the genocide. Includes law texts, case descriptions, and ICTR management backgrounds.
My Neighbor, My Killer
- Documentary film about Gacaca, a form of citizen-based justice intended to reconcile Rwandans after the 1994 genocide.
PBS - Wide Angle: Ladies First
- Accompanying site for the documentary about the women of Rwanda after the genocide. Includes full video and transcript, handbook, interactive map, photo essay and resources.
Rwanda: the Ethnic Trap
- English extract of a book in French on the Rwandan genocide by Benjamin Sehene.
Rwanda: The Wake of a Genocide
- Collection of information resources on the 1994 Rwandan genocide, covering the genocide's design through its enduring effects today. Includes Tribunal news, readings and multimedia reports.
The Tragedy in Rwanda
- High school research paper on U.S. and world policy on the 1994 genocide in Rwanda.
- A frontline special report from PBS.
Verdicts on the Crime of Genocide
- by the International Criminal Tribunal of Rwanda.
Wikipedia - Rwandan Genocide
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the 1994 genocide in Rwanda. Includes background, justice and reconciliation information.
Lasting Wounds: Consequences of Genocide and War for Rwanda's Children
- Rwandan children still suffer the consequences of the 1994 genocide and the war that preceded and followed it. In the 80-page report, Human Rights Watch documents the widespread abuse and exploitation of children in 1994 and since. (March 01, 2003)
The Atlantic - Bystanders to Genocide
- Interviews with scores of participants in the decision-making process, together with analysis of newly declassified documents. Concentrates on why United States let the Rwandan Tragedy happen. Written by Samatha Power. (September 01, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2013 at 5:54:07 UTC -