become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Amnesty International - Namibia
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Namibia
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years. [English, Spanish]
The British Council - Namibia
- Registered UK charity for education, culture and development services provides news and information about its facilities and programs in the country.
Directory of Development Organizations - Namibia
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Namibia
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
IRIN News - Namibia
- Humanitarian news and analysis on relief, development, social, economic and political affairs, by the Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
Ju/´hoansi Development Fund
- Support of the Ju/'hoansi Bushmen and their cultural environment in the Nyae Nyae Conservancy, Namibia.
The Kalahari Peoples Fund
- A forum for international communications between the San and non-San individuals and groups. Plans range from requests for penpals, to essays and speeches by San students and leaders, to news updates and statements on land rights claims and environmental issues.
- A house for orphans and other vulnerable children in Windhoek Namibia [English/German]
Michelle McLean Children Trust
- The MMCT has projects throughout Namibia to support needy children from financial and material support and financial contributions towards life-saving medical treatment and assistance to children who excelled in achievements.
The Namibia Association of Community Based Natural Resource Management(CBNRM)
- The purpose of NACSO is to provide quality services to communal area communities who seek to manage and utilize their natural resources in an equitable and sustainable manner.
Nampharm Foundation Trust
- An independent charitable foundation that aims to utilise the trust funds to provide medicine, medical treatments and information sessions for persons suffering from specified illnesses within Namibia.
National Society for Human Rights in Namibia
- Human rights monitoring and reporting.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Namibia
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Namibia
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
USAID - Namibia Mission
- Official local site provides information about the country plus all programs, factsheets, employment and procurement opportunities, documents and partners of the US Agency for International Development.
- The Working Group of Indigenous Minorities in Southern Africa. This site contains information on their projects in Namibia.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2014 at 18:05:38 UTC -