become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
African American-Kenyan Women’s Interconnect (AAKEWO)
- Supporting cultural reconnection through joint ventures with Kenyan women. Includes projects, newsletter and how to help.
Amnesty International USA - Kenya
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years. [English, Spanish]
British Council - Kenya
- Registered UK charity for education, culture and development services provides news and information about its facilities and programs in the country
Directory of Development Organizations - Kenya
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Driving Kenya Foundation
- DKF is a charitable organization set up by Kenyans seeking to eradicate poverty in Kenya. Includes details of projects and how businesses can become sponsors.
Human Rights Watch - Kenya
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
IRIN News - Kenya
- Humanitarian news and analysis on relief, development, social, economic and political affairs, by the Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
Kenya Community Development Foundation
- Describes funding areas and activities to build the endowment, and provides financial and program reports.
Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC)
- NGO concerned with the promotion, protection, and enhancement of all internationally recognized human rights in all facets of Kenyan society.
- Project information and news from this lay Christian organisation rehabilitating street children and running a peace centre in Nairobi.
Learning and Development Kenya
- A national non-governmental and non-sectarian development organization with programs aimed at improving the quality of life of those in need.
Osiligi Charity Projects
- UK charity working with the Maasai helping to provide basic needs via clean water, school build, child education sponsorship and micro finance. Includes information on projects and how to donate.
The Paper Chase Trust
- Aims to help some of the poorest sections of the community in Kenya. Includes information on projects, achievements and fund raising events in the UK.
Samburu Aid in Africa (SAIDIA)
- Community-based organisation working with the people of Samburu District in northern Kenya to provide basic curative and preventive health services and support community-led development initiatives. Includes programmes, products and how to help.
The Samburu Project
- A non-profit organization based in Santa Monica, California, USA focused on drilling wells in the Samburu District of Kenya to provide water and enable self-sufficiency.
The Sisters of Grace and Compassion
- Has a convent at Mundika caring for the elderly, visiting local villagers and running a host-baking facility for the diocese. We has a guest house and a small farm.
Transparency International Kenya
- non governmental organization dedicated to increasing government accountability and curbing both international and national corruption. Includes news, programs, and publications.
Ugunja Community Resource Centre
- A community-based organisation in Nyanza Province, Kenya, working on issues including food security, peace and democracy, gender and development and youth empowerment.
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Kenya
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
UNDP in Kenya
- Official United Nations Development Programme site for Kenya provides news, speeches, statements and publications along with information about its activities, progress, Millennium Development Goals, partnerships and staff. Focused on poverty, health, governance, environment, natural resources, and information and communications technology.
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Kenya
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
USAID - Kenya Mission
- Official local site provides information about the country plus all programs, factsheets, employment and procurement opportunities, documents and partners of the US Agency for International Development.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 18, 2016 at 16:41:55 UTC -