become an editor
the entire directory
only in Kenya/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Fossils and Paleontology
National Parks and Reserves
Regional: Africa: Regions: East Africa: Science and Environment
Regional: Africa: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
BBC News -- Kenyan Collects Nobel Peace Prize
- Wangari Maathai received the 2004 Nobel Peace prize for her campaign to save Africa's trees and promoting sustainable development in the region.
EarthWatch Institute - Mangroves of the Kenyan Coast
- Rehabilitation of tropical coastal woodlands to provide crucial habitat, protect coral reefs from sedimentation, and reduce coastal erosion. Features research data from this freshwater lake. Includes an overview, research plan, the team, expedition update and information for participants.
Elsa Conservation Trust
- Aims to educate the world on conservation issues particularly in East Africa.
Environment Liaison Centre International (ELCI)
- NGO focused on forests, sustainable agriculture and air pollution. Includes campaigns, programmes, international advocacy, newsletter and coverage of UNCSD events. Based in Nairobi.
Field Guide to Kenyan Mangroves
- An introduction to flora and fauna of mangrove habitats in Kenya, with a focus on crabs.
GORP: Mount Kenya
- Features information about the country's highest mountain. Includes links to related resources.
Kakamega Environmental Education Programme (KEEP)
- Grassroots organization working to save one of the last rainforests in Kenya through environmental education, local community awareness and supporting economic alternatives to exploiting forest resources.
Kenya - Geography and Climate
- Includes geographic features, climatic conditions and a map.
- The official site of the East Africa Natural History Society, containing information about biodiversity projects, birdwatching and publications.
OSIENALA (Friends of Lake Victoria).
- Social organization around Lake Victoria with an emphasis on environmental protection. Projects include a local radio station.
- Seeks to protect and preserve Kenya's Aberdares Mountain Range and its rivers and wildlife, and to prevent illegal exploitation of the forest habitat. Includes an overview and sections covering projects, international fundraising, financial accounts, donations form, news items and FAQ.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 14:24:08 UTC -