become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Aid_and_Development
Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
Regional: Middle East: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
Amnesty International - Egypt
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Egypt
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years. [English, Spanish]
British Council - Egypt
- Registered UK charity for education, culture and development services provides news and information about its facilities and programs in the country.
- A Christian organization aiding orphaned and poverty stricken children in the poorest areas of Egypt.
Directory of Development Organizations - Egypt
- Comprehensive directory of international organizations, governments, private sector development agencies, civil society, universities, grantmakers, banks, microfinance institutions and development consulting firms. Includes contact information. [PDF]
Eldis - Country and Region Profiles: Egypt
- Database of online development policy, practice and research documents, searchable by sector or keywords. Includes index to British Library of Development Studies printed material.
- A non-profit institution promoting social democracy.
Hands Along the Nile Development Services (HANDS)
- US-based organization working to support community development in Egypt and to promote understanding between America and the Middle East. Information on programs and philosophy.
Human Rights Watch - Egypt
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
The Institute Of Cultural Affairs, ICA MENA
- Description of the organisation and its community development activities. Includes information on projects, staffing and partners.
IRIN News - Egypt
- Humanitarian news and analysis on relief, development, social, economic and political affairs, by the Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN) of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
OneWorld - Full Coverage: Egypt
- Provides news, opinion, events and campaigns on human rights and sustainable development issues.
OneWorld UK - Country Guide: Egypt
- Guide to the key issues relating to conflict, politics, human rights, information and media, economy, climate change and water.
- Family foundation dedicated to social development in Egypt, focusing on projects geared towards job creation, entrepreneurship and self-employment opportunities. [Arabic, English]
UN OCHA ReliefWeb - Egypt
- Provides latest updates on emergencies, sector reports, appeals and financial tracking along with background information and employment vacancies.
UNDP in Egypt
- Official United Nations Development Programme site provides news, speeches, statements and publications along with information about its activities, progress, Millennium Development Goals, partnerships and staff. Focused on poverty, health, governance, environment, natural resources, and information and communications technology.
UNICEF - At a Glance: Egypt
- Newsline, priorities, programs and statistics from the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).
US State Department - Human Rights Report: Egypt
- 2008 report on the current status of human rights practices including human freedoms, civil liberties, political rights, international investigations, discrimination, worker rights, child labor and working conditions.
Aid and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 25, 2015 at 17:06:30 UTC -