become an editor
the entire directory
only in Business_and_Economy/Economic_Development
Business and Economy
Economic Community of West African States
Southern African Development Community - Business and Economy
ICT and Development
Business: International Business and Trade
Regional: Africa: Society and Culture: Aid and Development
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Development Economics
Society: Issues: Global
Africa Business Information Services
- Information and analysis on business and economics in Africa with a special emphasis on Nigeria.
Africa Business Pages
- Offers ways to promote products in African countries through direct contacts with business counterparts there.
- Information service covering economic and political issues. Has a subscription service for full issues.
African Development Forum
- An initiative led by the UN Economic Commission for Africa to establish an African-driven development agenda. Site provides background and programme information, documents, call for participants, and news from focus group activities.
- Part of the Trade Law Centre for Southern Africa's initiative to raise awareness in Africa of the Act's benefits. Features the latest trade data and statistics, product eligibility, AGOA news, analysis, research reports and documents.
allAfrica.com - Sustainable Africa
- News about the issues of biodiversity, water, energy, health and agriculture. Includes organizations, calendar and resources.
Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA)
- Financial institution for strengthening economic, financial and technical cooperation between Arab and African countries, based on foundations of friendship and equality. Funded by the Governments of the Member States of the League of Arab States. [Arabic, English]
- A language, technology, and development initiative focusing on the coordination of language use in information communication technologies for sustainable development in West Africa.
- Dedicated to the spread of information necessary to help build Africa.
Columbia University Libraries - African Studies: Business and Economic Information on Africa
- Directory of categorized and annotated links.
Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- Official site promoting regional economic integration through trade and investment. Includes newsletter, institutions, programs, publications, information by sector, monetary cooperation, and the role of the private sector.
Community Adaptation and Sustainable Livelihoods (CASL)
- Works with local citizens, policy makers and science researchers in order to allow for more income for people in developing countries. Page includes articles on past and current projects.
Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund
- Represents a new financing approach for the long term alleviation of poverty in sub-Saharan Africa.
Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited
- Financing of new industries and industrial undertakings, expansion schemes, better organisation and modernisation of existing industries and industrial undertakings, in Southern Africa.
The Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA)
- Effort to accelerate progress to meet the urgent needs of Africa in support of economic growth and development, addressing both national and regional constraints. Includes Secretariat, membership, press kit and newsletter.
Institute for African Development
- Africa Development Program at Cornell University. Africa Notes, program information, announcements
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- Organisation of six eastern African countries focused on drought control and development initiatives. Includes newsletters, organisation profile and history, main programmes of work, details of member states and minutes of meetings.
- A non-profit organization that develops and markets new technologies that are bought by local entrepreneurs and used to establish new small businesses.
Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern and Southern Africa (MEFMI)
- Regionally owned institute that seeks sustainable capacity in identified key areas in Central Banks, Ministries of Finance and Planning Commissions. List of member countries, programmes, partners and publications.
MBendi Information for Africa
- Africa's electronic encyclopaedia of business and commercial information, compiled by MBendi Information Services to assist companies and business people around the world to do business in and with Africa.
NEPAD (New Partnership for Africa's Development)
- Planning and coordinating technical body of the African Union, aiming to eradicate poverty and create sustainable growth. [English, French]
Stanford University - Africa South of the Sahara: Development
- Annotated links of business and economic development sites.
- The online resource for trade and industrial policy research in South Africa
UN Department of Public Information - Africa Renewal
- Provides news and analysis on economic and development challenges facing the African continent.
UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
- Regional arm of the UN in Africa, mandated to support the economic and social development of its member states.
University of Pennsylvania - African Studies Center: Development
- Annotated directory of links to resources.
Wikipedia - Economy of Africa
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article provides economic sector information, determinants, attempts at promoting growth, history, and central banks and currencies by country.
The World Bank Group - Middle East and North Africa
- Provides news and events and in-depth analysis with a regional overview, country briefs, data and statistics, publications, development topics, initiatives, projects and programs.
World Bank Group - Sub-Saharan Africa
- Provides information on each country, news and events, data and statistics, publications and reports, development topics, regional initiatives, projects and programs, partnerships, Millennium Development Goals and Country Public Information Centers.
Independent - Bob Geldof: Aid isn't the answer. Africa must be allowed to trade its way out of poverty
- Bob Geldof suggests we begin thinking of a 'stand-alone' trade deal for Africa's poor. Includes links to other RED edition articles. (May 16, 2006)
BBC News - Africa's Development Plan
- Explains NEPAD (New Partnership for Africa's Development), the African-inspired plan for the development of the continent, as agreed to in the 2002 G8 Summit in Kananaskis. Includes links to related news and analysis. (February 12, 2003)
BBC News - G8 Summit in Kananaskis 2002
- Aid for Africa was high on the agenda at the two-day annual summit of the world's biggest industrial countries. Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretian hosted the event which aimed to tackle the growing gap between rich and poor and to advance the war on terrorism. (June 25, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 12:15:10 UTC -