become an editor
the entire directory
only in Time/Horology
Open Directory - Reference: Time: Horology
Reference: Time: Alternative Systems
Abbey Clock Clinic - Mark Headrick's Horology Page
- Traditional horology website with information and mantainance tips. Technical descriptions and troubleshooting of escapements. Grandfather clocks, wall clocks, and watches.
Allan Variance -- Overview by David W. Allan
- Core algorithm of international time scale has multiple metrology applications, from atomic clock frequency characterization to definition of the meter. Equation, explanation and publications.
- The Horological Foundation's directory of web sites for watches, clocks, instruments and barometers.
Clocks and Time
- Horological index for organizations, clock and watch museums, related software, mailing lists and links. Maintained by Gordon T. Uber.
Cumbria Clock Company
- Company specialized in all aspects of work connected with church clocks, public clocks, and tower clocks which includes the full historical restoration of antique clock movements.
David Knight - Watchmaker from UK
- Articles and pictures of the first two watches made by David Knight. Rich artistic pictures.
Daylight Saving Time
- History of daylight saving time and how we use it to save energy.
Functionning of a Simple Mechanical Watch
- Explanation of the roles of components of a wristwatch.
Horology - The Index
- Horology is the science of time, timekeeping and timekeepers. Organized collection of links to horological websites globally.
How The Days of the Week Got Their Names
- A short history of the week and each day of the week.
Jens Olsen's Astronomical Clock
- Description of the restoration of Jens Olsen's Astronomical Clock, a masterpiece in Copenhagen City Hall that consists of 15.448 individual parts.
Leap Year Calculation for Year 2000
- A response to a VMS problem report giving a detailed explanation of why 2000 is a leap year.
Mark Frank's Home Page
- Website showing the restoration of a French flat bed tower clock in great detail, step by step, as well as other information and links of tower clock sites.
National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
- Organization of watch and clock enthusiasts.
- The Smithsonian Institute's exhibition on the changing ways we have measured, used, and thought about time over the past three hundred years.
- National chapter of the NAWCC dedicated to collaborative research on the history and horology of pocket watches.
Usenet alt.horology -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:54:03 PM EST -