become an editor
the entire directory
only in Maritime/Oceania
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Transportation: Maritime: Oceania
Reference: Museums: By Region: Oceania
Australian National Maritime Museum
- Features historic vessels and migrant ships. Also offers research facility for genealogy, maritime research, arts and culture.
Geelong Naval and Maritime Museum
- Displays of relics from shipwrecks, model ships, books, navigational instruments and other equipment.
Maritime Museum of Tasmania
- Collection includes artifacts, tools, equipment and over 10,000 photographs and paintings representing colonial sail traders, whaleboats, warships, ketches, river steamers and modern catamarans. Includes hours, educational resources and location.
New Zealand Maritime Museum
- Exhibition galleries include 14 themed galleries, a temporary exhibition gallery, and an art gallery specializing in maritime art. Located in Auckland.
Otago Museum: Maritime
- Features a maritime section aimed at the local maritime history, including a collection of models and nautical artifacts.
Queensland Maritime Museum
- Located in Brisbane, the QMM is home to the S.S. Forceful and H.M.A.S. Diamantina. Online information special events and maritime history.
South Australian Maritime Museum
- Features collections, exhibitions, vessels, and a lighthouse. Located in Port Adelaide.
Sydney Heritage Fleet
- Maritime museum and home of the 1874 windjammer James Craig, with an library and a 25,000 item photographic collection. Features virtual tours, membership details, volunteerism, and contact details.
Western Australian Maritime Museum
- A maritime archaeology and shipwrecks museum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 8:37:27 UTC -