become an editor
the entire directory
only in Maritime/Oceania
Reference: Museums: By Region: Oceania
Australian National Maritime Museum
- Features historic vessels and migrant ships. Also offers research facility for genealogy, maritime research, arts and culture.
Bass Strait Maritime Centre
- The museum displays detailed models, maritime paintings, and an extensive photographic collection. Located in Devonport, Tasmania.
Geelong Naval and Maritime Museum
- Displays of relics from shipwrecks, model ships, books, navigational instruments and other equipment.
Maritime Museum of Tasmania
- Collection includes artifacts, tools, equipment and over 10,000 photographs and paintings representing colonial sail traders, whaleboats, warships, ketches, river steamers and modern catamarans. Includes hours, educational resources and location.
New Zealand Maritime Museum
- Exhibition galleries include 14 themed galleries, a temporary exhibition gallery, and an art gallery specializing in maritime art. Located in Auckland.
Queensland Maritime Museum
- Located in Brisbane, the QMM is home to the S.S. Forceful and H.M.A.S. Diamantina. Online information special events and maritime history.
South Australian Maritime Museum
- Features collections, exhibitions, vessels, and a lighthouse. Located in Port Adelaide.
Sydney Heritage Fleet
- Maritime museum and home of the 1874 windjammer James Craig, with an library and a 25,000 item photographic collection. Features virtual tours, membership details, volunteerism, and contact details.
Wallaroo Heritage and Nautical Museum
- Features over 1,500 exhibits of maps, charts, photographs, ship models, relics, videos and old record books. Includes hours, admission fees and photos. Located in South Australia.
Western Australian Maritime Museum
- A maritime archaeology and shipwrecks museum.
Oceania maritime museums
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 7, 2015 at 11:10:19 UTC -