become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/Canada
Regional: North America: Canada: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
This category in other languages:
Age of Sail Heritage Centre
- General information, FAQ, history, newsletter, memorial to those lost at sea, and the Blacksmith Shop. Located in Port Greville, Nova Scotia.
Archelaus Smith Museum
- General and contact information. Located in Cape Sable Island, NS.
Canadian Canoe Museum
- Collection includes birch bark canoes, dug outs, northern kayaks and classic commercial canoes. Located in Peterborough, Ontario.
Cowichan Bay Maritime Centre
- Offers hands-on courses in traditional boat building techniques, restorations and a boat museum.
Green Park Shipbuilding Museum and Yeo House
- Exhibits, events, and visitor information. Located on Prince Edward Island.
The Lockmaster's House Museum
- General information, the home, exhibits, and the memory wall. Located in Chaffey's Lock, Ontario.
The Marine Museum of Manitoba
- Schedule, exhibits, tours, and upcoming events. Located in Selkirk.
Marine Museum of the Great Lakes
- Museum information, including hours, exhibits, events and bed and breakfast facilities. Located in Kingston, Ontario.
Mariners Park Museum
- Retraces early shipping history on the Canadian Great Lakes.
Maritime Museum of British Columbia
- Has exhibits and artifacts representing British Columbia's maritime heritage.
The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Part of the Nova Scotia Museum, specializing in marine history of Atlantic Canada. Includes information on exhibits, admission prices and hours of operation.
Muskoka Lakes Museum
- Located in Port Carling, Ontario with over 5000 artifacts. Strong focus on the marine exhibit, also glassware, pioneer tools, postcards, and a Victorian collection.
Rideau Canal Museum
- Features displays and artifacts about the canal, built between 1826 and 1832. Exhibit details, calendar of events, photos, membership information, and location map. Located in Smiths Falls, Ontario.
Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Interprets the story of Canada's Pacific port and its links with the Pack Rim with artifacts, models, paintings, photographs. Includes virtual tour, upcoming events, educational programs, hours, fees, directions. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
W. Laurence Sweeney Fisheries Museum
- Exhibition of east coast marine heritage at a simulation of a traditional fishing wharf, complete with fishing, processing and repair sheds, wharf decks and even a coastal freighter. Located in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2014 at 13:26:25 UTC -