become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Transportation: Aviation: Europe: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
AeroVenture - South Yorkshire Air Museum
- Features collection of over 50 light aircraft, piston and jet engines, selected open cockpits, flight simulator, Sheffield Blitz exhibition and local airfield history. Includes news, events, links, directions and contact information.
Bournemouth Aviation Museum
- The only UK Charitable Museum dedicated to preserving and presenting to the public operational examples of historic military jets via the museum and many UK airshows - including Farnborough. Located at Hangar 600, Bournemouth International Airport, Christchurch, Dorset.
City of Norwich Aviation Museum
- Dedicated to recording and preserving the history of aviation in Norfolk. Offers displays of restored vintage aircraft. Includes hours, entrance fees, membership details and application, and directions.
de Havilland Aircraft Heritage Centre
- Features displays from modern military jets to the last surviving WW2 prototype. Provides a history of the site, details of the collection, events, tours, hours, admission rates, volunteer opportunities, and directions to location in Hertfordshire.
Gatwick Aviation Museum
- Information and photographs of many aircrafts, crews, and engines. Located in Charlwood (near Gatewick).
Imperial War Museum Duxford
- An exhibition of British and Commonwealth aviation located on a World War 1 and II airfield. Features a children's area, events and show schedule, and family activities.
Museum of Berkshire Aviation
- Berkshire's dynamic contribution to aviation history is graphically re-captured at the museum. The museum is at the historic site of Woodley Airfield, near Reading, UK.
National Museum of Flight
- National Museums of Scotland offers the Alpha Alpha on display at East Fortune Airfield, East Lothian, Scotland. Provides details of the display, hours, and directions.
Newark (Notts & Lincs) Air Museum
- The museum's official website with activities at the UK's largest volunteer managed aviation museum, which now houses 69 aircraft and cockpit sections. Located at the Winthorpe Airfield, Newark, Nottingham.
North East Land, Sea and Air Museums
- Provides many photos and much information about the museum and its collections. Located in Sunderland, North East England.
Real Aeroplane Company
- Features collection of classic and warbird aircraft based at the former bomber base at Breighton, Yorkshire. Includes events, fly-ins and photos.
Southampton Hall of Aviation
- Presents the history of flight in the south of England covering 26 aircraft companies and their many milestones and records. Located in Southampton, Hampshire. (Some web browsers may have difficulty.)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:18:21 AM EDT -