become an editor
the entire directory
only in Technology/Industry
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Post-Medieval: Industrial
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology
This category in other languages:
Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources
- Focuses on the 1920s oil boom. Includes details of exhibits, events, programs, and hours. Located in Smackover, Arkansas.
Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Covers airplanes, cars, civil rights, space exploration, and how things are made. Hours, memberships, events, research center collections and access information. Located in Maryland.
Basel Paper Mills
- Swiss museum of paper and printing. Features visitor information and current exhibits.
Choco-Story, The Chocolate Museum
- Tells the story of the transformation of cocoa into chocolate. Includes demonstrations, recipes, group visits, rates, hours, and directions to Bruges, Belgium. [French, English, Dutch, German, and Spanish]
Cite des Sciences et de l'Industrie
- An interactive museum of science and industry located in Paris, France. Site features online exhibitions, educational experiments for children, and links to the museum's media library. In English and French.
German Leather Museum
- Collects and preserves artifacts of the leather working industry. Includes a shoe exhibit, publications, and visitor information.
Hagley Museum and Library
- Museum relates the history the early days and the very first product of the DuPont Company: black powder. Located in Wilmington, DE.
- A small museum in Wales covering the development of the diesel engine in the 20th century. Includes photos, history and descriptions of these types of motors.
Kidderminster's Carpet Heritage
- Presenting the local history of woven carpets in Kidderminster, on the River Stour, UK. Collection houses a library of books, documents, and photographs. Includes membership details, photos, and events.
McLean Mill National Historic Site
- Selected as a National Historic Site for its significance to the logging and sawmilling industry. Exhibit themes include sawmilling, family labor, and transportation.
Museum for the Preservation of Elevating History
- Presents the history and technology of elevators and escalators and biographies of their various inventors in a virtual tour. Located in Mobile, Alabama, United States.
Museum of Communications
- Museum of the history of the telephone and central office switching equipment, with exhibits including the 1876 model of Bell's first communication device.
Museum of Leathercraft
- Features over 5000 objects and a library that contains in excess of 2000 books, periodicals, slides, and photographs. Includes details of the collections, a list of publications for sale and hours. Located in Northampton, UK.
The Museum Of Rope Making
- Working museum in Carlmark, Sweden exhibits the art of rope making. Includes visitor information and schedule. [Swedish, English, German]
Museum of the Moving Image
- Calendar, screenings and events, exhibitions, the collections, and education programs. Located in Astoria, New York.
National Bottle Museum
- Promotes study, appreciation and preservation of the American bottle industry. Exhibits include permanent and changing displays of bottles, containers and glass-blowing tools. Includes photos, hours, admission, membership, class schedules, links and directions. Located in Ballston Spa, New York, United States.
National Brewery Centre
- The history of British brewing. Largest brewing collection in Britain, including historic equipment, transportation vehicles, pub memorabilia and advertising materials.
- Presents historical and geographical evolution of perfume bottles. Includes virtual tour, hours and contact details. Located in Barcelona, Spain. [Spanish, English and Catalan].
The Petroleum Museum
- 40,000 square feet of interactive exhibits cover all aspects from geology, the formation of oil, its exploration, pipelining, marketing, and refining to the economic and political impact of the industry. Includes hours, entrance fee, events, membership and directions. Located in Midland, Texas.
Polmos Lancut Distillery - the Lancut Distillery Museum
- Exhibiting over two hundred years of the distillery's history with artifacts, photographs and documents. Located in Lancut, Poland.
- Museum complex exhibiting the American industrial heritage. Exhibits include a rubblestone mill, machine tools, and textile industry artifacts.
Southern Forest Heritage Museum and Research Center
- Historic sawmill complex devoted to examining and interpreting the heritage of the Gulf Coast region's forest industry. Long Leaf, Louisiana.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 11, 2014 at 12:02:49 UTC -