become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science/Technology
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology
This category in other languages:
American Precision Museum
- Housed in the original Robbins and Lawrence Armory, the museum now holds the largest collection of historically significant machine tools in the nation. Includes exhibits, collections, publications and membership information. Located in Windsor, Vermont.
American Wind Power Center and Museum
- Features water pumping windmill and related machinery with exhibits on wind electric. Includes photos, hours, details of collection, membership form and directions. Located in Lubbock, Texas.
The Bakken Library and Museum
- A center for education and learning that furthers the understanding of the history, cultural context, and applications of electricity and magnetism in the life sciences and medicine.
British Lawnmower Museum
- Houses over 200 vintage lawnmowers. Includes photos from exhibits, a staff directory, services provided, special exhibits, and a gift shop. Located in Lancashire, UK.
Cambridge Museum of Technology
- Preserved Victorian pumping station. Includes functional steam engines and historical engineering items.
Chatham Marconi Maritime Center
- Features historic video clips and teletype exhibits relating to radio pioneer Guglielmo Marconi Located in North Chatham, MA.
- Features about 18,000 objects in 45 exhibitions and houses its own restoration and maintenance workshops. Includes details of exhibits, fees, hours, events and lectures, guided tours, membership details and directions. Located in Munich, Germany. [German and English].
Devil's Rope Museum
- Barbed wire history, identification, hobby, books and educational information. Located in McClean, Texas.
Early Television Foundation and Museum
- Early television hardware, restoration tips, database of prewar sets and historical TV information. Hilliard, Ohio.
- Dedicated to the work and mind of Thomas Alva Edison, his inventions and innovations. Includes history of the facility, links and hours. No admission charge. Located in Beaumont, Texas.
Ferguson Family Museum
- Isle of Wight, UK. Museum recording the life and interests of an inventor known for his tractor. Includes biography, information on his monoplane, plough, three point linkage, and tractors, map and contact details.
The Internet Craftsmanship Museum
- Primarily an online museum, has workshop and displays of small machine tools open to the public. Photographs, hours of operation, and a map. Located in Vista, California, USA.
Kew Bridge Steam Museum
- Museum houses a collection of giant pumping engines in a Victorian waterworks on the Thames. The engines include the largest running beam engine in the world and are in steam every weekend and bank holiday. Also features the Water for Life gallery, a display of the history of water supply. Web site describes the major exhibits and provides visitor information.
Lancaster Science Factory
- A hands-on, interactive technology and science center. Presents the mission, exhibits, educational partnerships, and location. Located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Museum de Cruquius
- One of the three stations that drained lake Haarlemmermeer around the 1850s, and the only one where the original steam engine and pumps have been preserved. Includes hours, fees and directions. Located in the Netherlands. [Dutch, English, French and German]
Museum of Communications
- This Seattle based museum focuses on the history of the telephone system. It also has some examples of early amateur and commercial radio equipment, test equipment, computers, and appliances.
The Museum of Power
- Overview and pictures of the museum dedicated to all forms of power, from steam to electric, housed in the Steam Pumping Station at Langford in Essex.
Museum of Radio and Technology
- Contains vintage radios, TVs, tubes, parts, posters, ham, military and communication radios, early hi-fi, broadcast transmitter, early computers, a large CB radio collection, and related exhibits. Huntington, WV.
National Electronics Museum
- Offers both static and interactive displays, as well as a research library that is open to the general public, with holdings that focus on all aspects of electronics history. Also has a complete amateur radio station, K3NEM/W3GR, fully equipped with vintage and modern communications systems. Linthicum, Maryland.
Olin's Covered Bridge Museum
- Non-profit organization provides guided tours, educational programs and a gift shop. Includes news and events, photos and a visitor's guide. Located in Ashtabula, Ohio, United States.
- Features vintage machinery such as tractors, steam engines and other working equipment. Includes photos, FAQs, activities, contact information and directions. Located in Samlingar, Sweden. [Swedish, English, Dutch and German].
The Technical Museum
- Bucharest museum featuring technology exhibits including steam engines and an electrical tram engine.
Technopolis Science Center Belgium
- Belgian science and technology center with over 250 interactive exhibits.
TheTech Museum of Innovation
- Hands-on and interactive exhibits, divided among themed galleries. Features exhibits, IMAX, learning programs, and store. Located in San Jose, CA.
Westonzoyland Pumping Station
- Museum of stationary steam engines and land drainage history of the Somerset Levels, at the county's oldest surviving pumping station. Includes details of location, opening times, exhibited engines and how to support their work.
- Nonprofit organization features interactive displays with discovery stations in the areas of mechanisms and simple machines, structures and shapes, and imaging and optical technologies. Includes history of facility, hours, fees, membership information, events and directions. Located in Edina, Minnesota, United States.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 7, 2014 at 6:54:04 UTC -