become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science/Earth_Science
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Science: Earth Science
Reference: Museums: Science: Natural History
Science: Earth Sciences
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Vertebrates: Dinosaurs
This category in other languages:
Dakota Dinosaur Museum
- Rock, mineral and fossil specimens, including a complete Triceratops skeleton, in Dickinson, North Dakota.
- Overview of an exhibition presented at the Museum of civilization in Quebec. Features dozens of jewels on loan from public and private collections all over the world.
Fundy Geological Museum
- In Parrsboro, Nova Scotia, with an active fossil research program and excellent educational programs. Site topics include dinosaur bones, gems and minerals, and Bay of Fundy tides.
James Madison University Mineral Museum
- In Harrisonburg, Virginia. Features 500 crystals and gemstones from around the world.
Johnston Geology Museum
- Emporia State University, Emporia, Kansas. Collection includes vertebrate and invertebrate fossils, plant fossils, evaporite and other mineral specimens, and sedimentary structures.
- Harvard museum which features a broad spectrum of mineralogical and geological specimens, including the Smith Meteorite Collection.
Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum
- Features fossils from West Texas: pictures, sales of casts, scheduled events.
Paris School of Mines: Museum of Mineralogy
- Includes information on exhibit specimens.
Royal Tyrrell Museum
- Features ten signature galleries devoted to paleontology, with 40 dinosaur skeletons with more than 110,000 fossil specimens. Includes hours of operation, admission and directions. Located in Drumheller, Alberta, Canada.
Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences
- Part of the University of Cambridge. Information on education, research, exhibits and events. Admission free.
University of California Museum of Paleontology
- Collections include fossil and modern organisms representing prokaryotes to vertebrates collected from all continents. Limited exhibits open to the public. Includes hours, special events, short courses and directions. Located in Berkeley.
Weinman Mineral Museum
- Features gems, minerals and fossils native to the state, as well as international collection. Includes virtual tour, special events, hours, prices and directions. Located in Cartersville, Georgia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2014 at 13:33:14 UTC -