become an editor
the entire directory
only in Archaeology/Greece
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Science: Archaeology: Greece
Regional: Europe: Greece: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: Greece
National Archaeological Museum of Athens
- By the Greek Ministry of Culture. Information ranges from societies, activities and museums to a complete overview of all the archaeological sites in Greece.
Archaeological Museum of Herakleion
- Houses finds from the Minoan civilization and is organized in chronological order, ranging from the Neolithic period to the Roman era (4th century A.D.) and geographically. Includes details and photos of displays, fees, hours and location.
Archaeological Museum of Naxos
- Holds collections of Cycladic and Mycenaean artifacts as well as mosaics.
Museum of Cycladic Art
- Museum devoted to the study and promotion of ancient Greek art. Founded in 1986 in order to house the collection of Cycladic and Ancient Greek art belonging to Nicholas and Dolly Goulandris.
Museum of Sikyon
- History and the influence of the arts on ancient Sikyon. Museum collection includes pottery, marbles, and mosaics.
Museum of the Ancient Agora
- Athenian Agora museum located in the Stoa of Attalos. This museum houses the important artifacts found during excavation by the American School of Classical Studies.
Usenet soc.culture.greek -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:30:21 UTC -