become an editor
the entire directory
only in Archaeology/Egyptology
Regional: Africa: Egypt: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Ancient Egypt
This category in other languages:
The Egyptian Museum
- Official site for the museum in Cairo, which houses over 120,000 objects, including the mummies of Egyptian pharoahs, sarcophagi, sculptures, furniture and personal effects.
Ashmolean Museum Department of Antiquities
- Includes some famous ancient Egyptian pieces. Located in Oxford, England.
The British Museum: Egypt
- Illustrates aspects of Egyptian culture and art from predynastic times. Examine images and texts on star pieces from the collection. Located in London.
The British Museum: The Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan
- Has the largest collection of ancient Egyptian material outside Cairo. Exhibitions, research, fieldwork, collections. Located in London.
- General information and presentation of special collections of Egyptian, Classical and Ancient Middle Eastern Art.
Egyptian Museum and Papyrus Collection
- Provides images of objects from the collection with explanatory texts. Located in Berlin. Includes visitor's and contact information.
Fondazione Museo delle Antichità Egizie di Torino
- Dedicated to Egyptian art and culture in Turin Italy, second in importance after the Cairo Museum with some 6,500 objects on view.
The Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology
- A part of the Department of Art at the University of Memphis. Devoted to community education, the institute houses over 150 Egyptian antiquities, including mummies, funerary equipment and objects of everyday life. Several are available for online viewing.
Michael C. Carlos Museum: Ancient Egyptian Art
- Online sample of the permanent collection of the MCCM at Emory University.
- Collection from different periods of Egyptian art. Images and explanatory texts. Located in Rome.
Museum of Egyptian Antiquities
- Collection of Sir Henry Wellcome, held at the University of Wales, Swansea. Images and details of a selection of objects. Visitor information.
Oriental Institute Museum
- From the University of Chicago, this ancient Near East collection includes an Egyptian gallery.
Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology
- Houses about 80,000 objects, many of which were collected by Professor William Flinders Petrie in his excavations. Includes hours, directions and contact information. Located in University College London.
The Quest for Immortality: Treasures of Ancient Egypt
- Includes a virtual tour of the exhibition, selected artifacts, exhibition brochure, family guide, and other materials from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC.
Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs
- Sponsored by National Geographic, exhibition will feature over 130 treasures from the tomb of the celebrated pharaoh on a twenty-seven month tour beginning in Los Angeles, California. Includes details and ticket information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 15:54:09 UTC -