become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science/Archaeology
Reference: Museums: Arts and Entertainment: Antiquities
Reference: Museums: Science: Natural History
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology
This category in other languages:
Aboa Vetus: Museum of Archaeology and History
- Museum of archaeology and history, built around an excavated medieval city block in Turku, Finland. Includes hours, fees, and directions. [Finnish and English]
Alexandria Archaeology Museum
- The City of Alexandria, Virginia's community archaeology program. Holds a collection from more than 150 sites, spanning 10,000 years. Online exhibitions, collections, staff, news.
- Outdoor museum located at a 4000 year old prehistoric site in Salem, NH. Features archaeology, astronomy and archaeoastronomy.
The Amerind Foundation
- Mission is to educate and inform the public about American Indian prehistory and history. Exhibits range from anthropology and archaeology to fine arts. Located in Benson, Arizona.
The Archaeological Museum of Bologna
- Contains the archaeological finds from the Bologna area, and other collections of antiquities. Illustrated descriptions of the Egyptian and Etruscan collections.
Archaeological Museum of KSU
- Museum of Kazan State University has over 4000 objects reflecting the history and archaeology of the Volga-Kama basin.
Besh-Ba-Gowah Archaeological Park
- A 700 year old Salado Culture pueblo with displays of artifacts, and includes images, history and general information located at Globe.
Dickson Mounds Museum
- On-site archaeological museum exhibiting the world of the American Indian through 12,000 years of human experience in the Illinois River Valley. Located in Lewistown, Illinois.
The Heuneburg Museum
- The archaeology of a Celtic town in upper Swabia. Excavation finds in the museum and the hiking trail to the burial mounds and other monuments in the landscape. Located in Herbertingen.
Kelsey Museum of Archaeology
- Exhibits of excavations and surveys from the Mediterranean world. Sponsors archaeological fieldwork involving University of Michigan faculty, staff, and students. Located in Ann Arbor.
Lynn H. Wood Archaeology Museum
- Southern Adventist University, Collegedale, Tennessee: contains database and photo gallery of artifacts from the Near East.
Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology
- Policy, tour, the collections, and historical background. Located at the University of South Africa.
Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
- At Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, gives a taste of archaeology in Canada. Includes photographs and descriptions of prehistoric sites at Charlie Lake Cave, Namu and Keatley Creek.
Museum of Archaeology at Wilderness Park
- Exhibits, collections, and visitor information. Located in El Paso, Texas.
Museum of Ontario Archaeology
- Museum devoted to the study, display, and interpretation of the human occupation of Southwestern Ontario over the past 11,000 years. Located in London.
National Dinosaur Museum
- Canberra, Australia: Describes exhibits; includes online dinosaur activities for children.
The Neanderthal Museum
- Tells the story of human evolution. Includes online exhibits, research information, hours, admission, directions, and links to other resources. Located in Mettmann, Germany. [English and German]
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
- Founded in 1866 by George Peabody, it is one of the oldest museums in the world devoted to anthropology. History, departments, collections, galleries, events, staff.
Robert S. Peabody Museum of Archaeology
- Archives, calendar, the collection, exhibits, and general information. Located in Andover, Massachusetts.
Rock Art Research Centre
- Articles, maps and opening hours. Located in Tanumshede, Sweden.
- One of the Harvard University Museums, housing collections of archaeological materials from the Ancient Near East. Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Siegfried H. Horn Museum
- General information, history, cuneiform tablets, lecture series, and photos. Located in Berrien Springs, Michigan.
South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology
- Most famous for housing Oetzi: the 5000-year-old man found preserved in Alpine ice in 1991. Visitor information, museum tour, events, publications and a section on the iceman.
University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
- The Museum has sent more than 350 expeditions to all the inhabited continents of the world. Online exhibits, articles and research.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 11:35:10 UTC -