the entire directory
only in Museums/Science
Reference: Museums: Children's Museums
Science: Educational Resources
Society: History: By Topic: Science
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology
This category in other languages:
Adventure Science Center
- Current program listings for the science museum and the Sudekum Planetarium, along with information on hours and admission fees. Nashville, Tennessee.
- Science Center dealing with topics such as food, nutrition, agriculture, with a historical approach on a worldwide scale. Montpellier, France.
American Museum of Science and Energy
- The largest exhibition of energy related exhibits in the United States. Includes live demonstrations, videos, hands-on exhibits and special events. Located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Arizona Science Center
- Planetarium, hands-on learning exhibits and IMAX theatre. Phoenix, Arizona.
Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution
- Features exhibits devoted to geology, natural history, social history, and antiquities/archaeology. Includes a virtual museum, membership details, and a history of the organization. Located in the UK.
The Bradbury Science Museum
- The history of Los Alamos and the Manhattan Project, as well as over 40 interactive exhibits within five galleries at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico.
Buffalo Museum of Science
- Natural science museum with permanent, traveling and hands-on exhibits from anthropology, botany, geology, entomology, and zoology. Site has directions, hours, contact information and a calendar of events.
California Science Center
- Museum and exhibits profile, IMAX schedule, and calendar of upcoming events for the interactive learning facility. Located in Los Angeles.
Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Features educational activities, online exhibits, and museum events. Located in Ontario, Ottawa.
The Children's Museum
- Information on exhibits, programs and special events. Located in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Charolette, North Carolina. Hands-on science museum. Information on exhibits, hours, admission, and a virtual tour.
Eli Whitney Museum
- Includes historical resource about the inventor of the cotton gin and the technique of mass producing military firearms. New Haven, Connecticut.
- Science centre includes 300 exhibits concentrating on nature and technology, the environment, and health. Located in Denmark.
- Hands-on museum of science, art, and human perception. Site provides interactive online exhibits and exhibitions, activities, science news, and publications, general information about the museum. Located in San Francisco, California.
Fernbank Science Center
- Atlanta, Georgia. Visitor information, planetarium schedule, special programs, resources for teachers and students.
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Includes an Omni Theater, four core exhibit galleries, a special exhibit hall, outdoor excavations, the Noble Planetarium, and special programs for children.
The Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Take a virtual tour or find out about events, exhibits, and membership. Located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Goudreau Museum of Mathematics in Art and Science
- New York museum featuring exhibits of math applications in art and science, special programs, and a museum library.
Great Lakes Science Center
- Offers more than 340 interactive science exhibits and a six story tall Omnimax theater. Includes a visitor's guide, a calendar of events and a schedule. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
Greensboro Science Center
- Features hands-on exhibits, zoo, and planetarium. Includes hours, upcoming events, admission, membership details and directions. Located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Alaskan hands on science discovery center. Located in Anchorage.
- Features hands on science exhibits for the family. Located in Wilson.
Impression 5 Science Center
- General information on the Lansing, Michigan hands-on science and technology center.
Lawrence Hall of Science
- Public science museum and research center for K-12 education at the University of California, Berkeley. LHS offers hands-on science exhibits, discovery laboratories, computer labs, planetarium shows, after-school classes and summer camps, family workshops, special events, school programs and teacher education.
Liberty Science Center
- New Jersey learning center includes 12 museum exhibition halls, a live animal collection with 110 species, giant aquariums, a 3D theater, the nation's largest IMAX Dome Theater, live simulcast surgeries, tornado and hurricane-force wind simulators, K-12 classrooms and labs, and teacher-development programs. Also offers offsite and online programs.
- Overall description, history, opening hours and entrance fees of the museum dedicated to the chemist Justus Liebig.
Long Island Science Center
- Provide a hands-on learning experience to people of all ages through discovery, exhibits, and activities centered around mathematics, science, and technology. Includes floor plan. Located in Riverhead, New York.
Marian Koshland Science Museum
- Features state-of-the-art exhibitions highlighting the science behind today’s headlines and affecting daily lives. Plan a visit or explore the exhibits online, including virtual interactive activities. Located in Washington, DC.
Miami Museum of Science & Planetarium
- Showcases interactive exhibitions on science, multi-media technology and sports. Includes Space Transit Planetarium and Falcon Batchelor Bird of Prey Center.
Mid America Science Museum
- Offers interactive exhibits that explore such subjects as perception, energy, sound, light and gravity. Visitors can fly a hot-air balloon, generate electricity, see a laser light show or walk along nature trails. Includes brief history of museum, hours, admission rates and directions. Located in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
The Museum of Discovery and Science
- Hands on science and technology exhibits, live animal presentations and an Imax 3D theater. Located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Museum of Life and Science
- Durham, North Carolina. Information on facilities and educational programs.
Museum of Science
- Features a revolving schedule of Imax films, temporary exhibitions and planetarium shows. Includes a visitor's guide, membership details, volunteer opportunities and educator tools. Located in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
Museum of Science & History
- Features interactive exhibits, special events, and the Alexander Brest Planetarium. Includes hours, fees, daily programs, member benefits and directions. Located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Museum of Science and Industry
- Features a coal mine, a U-505 submarine, intelligent LEGO bricks, and travel through virtual reality. Includes a visitor's guide, membership details, educational programs and volunteer opportunities. Located in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
Museum of Science and Industry
- Tampa, Florida. Offering 450 exhibits, live science demonstrations, and an IMAX theatre.
The Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester
- Virtual exhibits on everything from locomotives and aircrafts, to photography and nuclear power.
Museum of the History of Science, University of Oxford
- British museum exhibiting the history of science. Online exhibits include "The Noble Dane: Images of Tycho Brahe" and "The Geometry of War, 1500-1750".
National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
- Features the global environment and frontier, life sciences and humans, technological revolution and the future, and information science. Includes visitor's guide. Located in Tokyo, Japan. [Japanese and English]
The National Museum of Science and Industry
- Consisting of the Science Museum, London, the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television, Bradford, and the National Railway Museum, York.
The National Museum of Science and Technology
- Features over 500,000 artifacts, archival records and documents, drawings, images and books. Includes details of the exhibits and a visitor's guide. Located in Stockholm, Sweden. [Swedish and English]
National Museum of Science and Technology Leonardo da Vinci - Milano, Italia
- Diversified technical and scientific museum in Milan, Italy. Collections, exhibits, and Web resources about technology and the history of technology. Also, both museum and Web site feature material about the life and work of Leonardo da Vinci.
National Space Centre
- Features hands-on interactive exhibits, real rockets, and a Space Theatre. Located in Leicester.
New York Hall of Science
- Exhibits, often interactive, on sound, light, atoms, microbes, AIDS, astronomy. Includes a science playground. Considered one of the top ten science museums in the country.
Omniplex Science Museum
- Offers a diverse collection of interactive and historic exhibits and programs. Located in Oklahoma City.
Ontario Science Centre
- Outstanding online science and technology educational resources and fascinating real exhibits. Located in Toronto.
Oregon State University Hatfield Marine Science Visitor Center
- Part aquarium and part laboratory, the center showcases scientific explorations of the marine world by researchers based at the Oregon State University, Newport.
Pacific Science Center
- Detailed information on shows and events. Located in Seattle.
Philippine Science Centrum
- First hands-on, interactive science museum in the Philippines. Includes services and contact information. Located in Manila.
The Radome, Museum of Telecommunications
- Features a gigantic cone-shaped antenna which weighs 340 tons, interactive activities, shows and displays. Includes hours, rates and contact information. Located in France. French and English].
Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Features over 1.2 million regional history, anthropology, natural sciences, and archives objects, planetarium and nature center. Includes programs and events, membership and volunteer details, hours, admission and directions. Located in Rochester, New York.
Science Center of Iowa
- Features interactive exhibits, programs and a planetarium. Permanent exhibits include Hubble space telescope display and the Foucault Pendulum. Includes details of exhibits, programs, events calendar, hours, admission and location.
Science East Science Centre
- Features fun and educational interactive science exhibits for children and adults. Located in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.
- London museum and library of science. Exhibitions cover all areas of science and technology. Includes online exhibits and a learning area.
Science Museum of Minnesota
- Features dinosaurs, an Omnitheater, school programs, Mississippi Riverfront parks, and hands-on exhibits. Located in Saint Paul.
Science Museum of Virginia
- Learning tools, educational resources for kids and grown-ups with links to museums in Richmond and around Virginia.
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
- Features 23 main exhibition galleries, each displaying major artifacts from the Museum's collection. Includes an overview of the collection, news and events, a visitor's guide, membership details and volunteer roles. Located in Washington, DC.
- Science Discovery Centre has 160 interactive exhibits. With planetarium, science theatre and a discovery room, covering topics from fossils to forensic science. Located in Cardiff.
Virginia Living Museum
- A combination wildlife park, science museum, aquarium, and botanical preserve in Newport News, Virginia.
Water Museum Barcelona
- Aim is to present society with values associated with the culture of water and to promote the discovery of the universe of water as a vital resource. Includes details of exhibits, hours and a location map. [English, Catalan and Spanish]
The Whipple Museum of the History of Science
- Collections, exhibitions, publications. University of Cambridge, UK.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 12, 2015 at 1:15:37 UTC -