become an editor
the entire directory
only in Recreation_and_Sports/Carriage_Driving
Recreation and Sports
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Recreation and Sports: Carriage Driving
Sports: Equestrian: Carriage Driving
The Carriage Museum
- Private collection of late 1800s, early 1900s horse-drawn vehicles belonging to Tom and Elaine Haughaboo. Open to the public, located in historical Washington, Kentucky.
Carriage Museum Of America
- Information on the subject of horse-drawn transportation. The CMA Library is the foremost collection on the subject. Bird-in-Hand, PA, USA.
Circus World Museum
- Preserving more than 200 circus wagons, the biggest collection of these glittering masterpieces to be found anywhere. Baraboo, Wisconsin, USA.
Genesee Carriage Museum
- Educational living history museum and village including a 19th and 20th century horse-drawn carriages and wagons. A collection of Brewster coaches and carriages grace the collection. Located in Mumford, New York, near Rochester, USA.
Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum
- The variety and significance of the vehicles on display make the Carriage Museum's unique collection one of the most impressive in New York State. Canandaigua, New York, USA.
Lancut: The Carriage Museum
- Features fifty-five carriages representing every type: parade coaches, others for visiting, long journeys, outings, sport and hunting, supplemented by seventy horsedrawn vehicles collected after World War II. Located in Poland.
Lynden Pioneer Museum
- Housing the largest collection of horsedrawn vehicles in the state. Lynden, Washington, USA.
Mifflinburg Buggy Museum
- Located in the only known preserved 19th century carriage shop. Information on tours, owners, workers, and manufacturing of coaches. Located in Pennsylvania.
Owls Head Transportation Museum
- Housing 12 carriages from 1849 to 1910 in addition to one of the finest collections of pioneer-era aircraft and automobiles in the world. Located in Maine.
Red House Stables Working Carriage Museum
- One of the finest collections of original horse-drawn vehicles and equipment in Britain consisting of over 40 vehicles on display. Located in Matlock, Derbyshire. UK.
Remington Carriage Museum
- Houses one of the largest collections of horse-drawn vehicles in North America, with over 200 carriages, wagons and sleighs.
Wesley Jung Carriage Museum
- More than 100 horse-drawn and hand-operated vehicles, the collection ranks as Wisconsin's largest — and one of the largest in the nation. Carriages range from commercial delivery wagons, fire wagons, sleighs, and a circus calliope to children's play wagons and sleds. Remarkable examples of the carriage maker's craft include a Velvet Tobacco wagon and an umbrella-topped phaeton (both 1900), and a Silsby steam-powered fire pumper (1885). Madison, WI. USA.
- Features three hundred acre estate of the Col. John Black, built in 1824. Includes image library, events, and membership. Located in Ellsworth.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:30:19 UTC -