become an editor
the entire directory
only in Museum_Resources/Organizations
Arts: Architecture: Preservation: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Alberta Museums Association
- Non-profit society of museum professionals and volunteers formed to promote the development of Alberta's museums and galleries.
American Association of Museums (AAM)
- National organization representing the museum community. Includes information on programs, grants, and membership.
American Public Gardens Association
- A professional association for public gardens in North America, supporting the public horticulture community in its mission to study, display, and conserve plants.
- Arts organization working with museums, theaters, and performing arts centers. Programs include exhibits, performances, and lectures.
Association for Art History
- Asserts centrality of art object; promotes the inclusion of philological, humanistic and scholarly aspects in the teaching and communication of the history and criticism of the visual arts.
Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums
- ALHFAM is the museum organization for those involved in living history programming, living historical farms, agricultural museums, and outdoor museums of history and folklife.
Association of Academic Museums and Galleries - AAMG
- Organization of museums and galleries affiliated with colleges and universities.
Association of African American Museums
- Meeting and conference information only.
Association of Art Museum Directors
- Represents directors of major art museums in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Association of Children's Museums
- Professional service organization for children's museums around the world.
Association of Independent Museums
- Representing independent museums in the United Kingdom, improving standards, and contributing to national policy making. Includes membership details, events, services, a bulletin, an online directory and publications.
Association of Midwest Museums
- Provides resources to museums and cultural institutions and services to museum professionals in an eight-state region in the Midwest, including Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Association of Science-Technology Centers
- ASTC represents more than 400 hands-on science museums around the world.
The British Columbia Museums Association
- Brings together members of the British Columbia cultural community for common problem solving and sharing of information.
Canadian Museums Association
- National organization for the advancement of Canadian museums.
Finnish Museum Association
- National central organization for all groups supporting and running museums in Finland. Includes training resources, news, publications and directory of member museums. In English and Finnish.
Fire Museum Network
- The web site hosts a discussion group, a schedule of events and a directory of Fire Museums in the United States and Canada.
The French Heritage Society
- American non-profit association dedicated to the preservation of the French architecture in the United States and in France and to the fostering of educational exchange between the two countries for architects, artisans, interns and students. Includes programs, chapters, restoration grants, events and membership levels. Located in New York City, New York.
International Association of Sports Museums and Halls of Fame
- Brings together over 130 member institutions worldwide for the promotion of sports history.
International Congress of Maritime Museums
- Guild of associations, organizations and individuals in the maritime preservation field.
The International Council of Museums
- Promotion and development of museums and museum professionals at an international level.
Medical Museums Association
- Features excepts from newsletter, members listings, and membership and annual meeting information.
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
- Private non-profit organization providing leadership and support for the arts in DE, DC, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV and the US Virgin Islands.
Mid-America Arts Alliance
- Nonprofit organization serving museums, performing arts centers, and community art organizations. Includes information on programs, productions, and exhibits.
Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums
- Regional museum association for Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Washington, DC.
Midwest Open Air Museums Coordinating Council
- Provides for interchange of ideas, materials, information and consideration of open air museums in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
Mountain-Plains Museums Association
- Organization of museums in the western plains region of the United States. Information on the association and membership.
Museum Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
- MANL provides a communications network among museums and heritage societies within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Museum Ethnographers Group
- UK based museum organization devoted to the work of ethnography. Includes membership information, events, and guidelines.
Museum Store Association
- International organization representing museum store professionals by providing members educational resources and information.
Museums & Galleries NSW
- Australian museum organization. Offers workshops, seminars and lectures for professional and volunteer staff.
The Museums Association
- Largest association representing museums and galleries in the United Kingdom.
Museums Council of New York City
- Non-profit group dedicated to preserve, study, interpret and exhibit objects of educational and cultural value. Meets bimonthly at member institutions and publishes annual membership directory. Includes meeting notices, links and contact information.
National Arts and Disability Center
- Dedicated to promoting the full inclusion of children and adults with disabilities into the visual-arts, performing-arts, media-arts, and literary-arts communities.
National Association for Interpretation
- Dedicated to the advancement of the profession of interpretation (on-site informal education programs at parks, zoos, nature centers, historic sites, museums, and aquaria). Includes events, membership details, job openings, publications, links to regions, and related sites. Located in Fort Collins, Colorado, United States.
National Museum Directors' Conference
- UK association of directors and chief executives of the national museums and libraries, including the Royal Botanic Gardens and the Public Record Office. Features publications, membership and contact information.
National Park Service: Museum Management Program
- Learn more about the different museums and what they have to offer. Includes database of collections, photo galleries and details of exhibits.
New England Museum Association
- Offers individual, institutional, and corporate memberships. Includes details of services provided, publications, workshops, a list of the board of directors, and a conference schedule. Located in Arlington, Massachusetts.
Ontario Museum Association
- Provides detailed information on over 600 heritage and cultural sites located in the province. Also provides professional development and tourism information.
Small Museums Association
- Organization devoted to the promotion and development of small museums. Features information for museum professionals and for the general public.
The Southeastern Museums Conference
- Fosters professionalism, mutual support, and communication among its members and the larger museum community serving 12 states throughout the Southeast.
Southern Arts Federation
- A regional arts organization which provides grants, programs and services to museums, artists and arts organizations in the southern United States.
WESTAF: The Western States Art Federation
- Non-profit arts service organization which provides arts resources information, grants and programs.
Western Museums Association
- An association for museums and other related organizations in the western United States.
Yukon Historical and Museums Association
- Organization of historical societies and museums in the Yukon.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 5, 2016 at 18:45:11 UTC -