become an editor
the entire directory
only in Museum_Resources/Conservation_and_Preservation
Conservation and Preservation
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Museum Resources: Conservation and Preservation
Arts: Architecture: Preservation
Business: Arts and Entertainment: Visual Arts: Restoration and Conservation
Recreation: Collecting: Books: Book Care and Repair
This category in other languages:
The Chicora Foundation
- Public non-profit heritage preservation organization. Learn about Chicora's programs in archaeological and historical preservation and education for museums, archives, libraries, historic organizations and private citizens.
Academic Imaging Associates.
- Offers services and equipment for archiving, preservation, microscopy, and macro photography for libraries, museums, and laboratories.
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
- Promotes the protection and enhancement of US historic resources. Offers federal regulatory information, training, news, and links to federal, state and tribal agencies and programs.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Historic Works
- U.S. national membership organization of conservation professionals dedicated to preserving the art and historic artifacts of cultural heritage for future generations.
Archives of Museum Conservation Discussion List
- Archived messages from 1996 to 2004 at ICOM-CC.
Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Material (AICCM)
- National organization for conservation and preservation of cultural resources in Australia.
The British Museum: The Department of Conservation, Documentation, and Science
- Conservation department at the British Museum, with materials testing, professional resources and abstracts of conservation research report groups.
Building a Constituency for Collections Care: Children, Youth, and Families
- On-line seminar and lecture notes from the NIC Annual Meeting 1996. Includes detailed notes on actions to be taken and tips for implementing and developing a similar program.
Canadian Conservation Institute
- Promotes the proper care of Canada's cultural heritage and advances the science, practice and technology of conservation.
Conservation at the National Museum of African Art
- Conservation resources, internship information, and a detailed example of artifact conservation analysis techniques used.
Conservation OnLine (CoOL)
- A project of the Preservation Department of Stanford University Libraries which covers a wide spectrum of topics of interest to professionals involved with the conservation of library, archives and museum materials.
- Detailed information on textile, ceramics and art conservation and restoration practices in the UK and Ireland on PDF files. Includes glossary of technical terms. Searchable directory of conservators and specialisms. Links to related sites.
Ewa Soszko: Antique Textile Conservation
- Textiles from different epochs, and methods of textile conservation and restoration. Photos of the artist's work in ecclesiastical textiles and iconographic paintings.
Fallon & Wilkinson, LLC
- Furniture conservators specializing in antique restoration, repair, and reproductions.
Federal Funding Opportunities for Collections Care
- Increasing funding for collections care projects.
The Fine Arts Conservancy
- Scientific conservation laboratory, restoring fine arts, antiques, furniture and period frames. Providing museum framing, specialized analysis and condition reports, and insurance art claims. Located in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Fine Arts Conservation, Inc.
- Consultation, conservation, and preventive care. Includes biographical and contact information. Located in New York, New York.
The Getty Conservation Institute
- Museum conservation. Includes on-line issues of Conservation and newsletter.
- Programs and publications on the proper care and maintenance of America's cultural and historic heritage, including the CAP (Conservation Assessment Program) grants funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Historic Salem, Inc.
- One of the oldest community preservation organizations in the U.S. chartered in 1941. Its mission is to ensure that the historic resources of Salem, Massachusetts are preserved for future generations and that new development complements the historic character of the city.
Indoor Air Pollution Workgroup (IAP)
- Homepage of the IAP Workgroup, includes presentation abstracts from the workgroup meetings.
Indoor Air Quality in Museums and Archives
- Technical papers, bibliography, links, news, about indoor air quality and climate in cultural heritage buildings.
Institute of Conservation
- The representative body for professional conservators and restorers in private and institutional practice in the UK.
Institute of Paper Science and Technology
- Private graduate research university dedicated to the pulp and paper industry and is located in Atlanta, GA.
Intermuseum Conservation Association
- Non-profit art center provides member museums with restoration services including photodocumentation, for paintings, murals, frames, icons, polychrome sculpture, works on paper, and objects. Also offers training workshops. Located in Cleveland, Ohio.
International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property
- Created by UNESCO to promote conservation of monuments and sites of historical, artistic and archaeological interest. Headquarters in Rome. Activities, events calendar, image archive, training directory. English and French versions
The International Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
- Promotes the knowledge, methods and working standards needed to protect and preserve historic and artistic works throughout the world. Includes information about publications, congresses, regional groups and memberships. Located in the United Kingdom.
Jensen Conservation Services, Inc.
- Services include preservation, structural analysis, surface treatment and reproduction of art.
JLT Designs Atelier
- Specialises in embroidery and the finishing and the making–up of art needlework objects, such as canvas work, needle point cushions, and embroidered hangings. Services include the preservation and restoration of textiles. Located in London.
Journal of Conservation and Museum Studies
- A world wide web publication from the Institute of Archaeology at the University of London which disseminates information on conservation and museum studies to the global conservation and museum community.
- Provides museums and conservators with oxygen absorbers, barrier films, and other materials for modified atmosphere packaging of sensitive artifacts. Located in Toronto, Canada.
Life on the Wall
- Cleaning and repairing aged and damaged fine art oil paintings and fine art frames.
Los Angeles Preservation Network
- Serves the preservation needs of conservators, librarians, archivists and records managers in Los Angeles city and county.
- Art restoration services for damaged fine art. Includes details of services, examples of work, list of clients and contact information. Located in Torrance, California.
Microclimate Indoor Monitoring In Cultural Heritage Preservation (MIMIC)
- Project providing a system of rapid measurement of damage caused by conditions in the environment surrounding works of art, and particularly paintings, in museums and historic buildings. Includes details and participating organizations. [English and Spanish].
Midwest Art Conservation Center
- Regional center working for preservation and conservation of art and artifacts. Located in Minneapolis.
MP Fine Art and Paper Conservation
- Conservation of art on paper: watercolors, prints, lithographs, paintings and folk art. Includes details of work, services and client list. Located in Orrtanna, Pennsylvania.
National Center for Preservation Technology and Training
- An office of the National Park Service, NCPTT promotes the preservation of prehistoric and historic resources through its research, technology, training, and grants programs.
National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Dedicated to saving historic places and revitalizing America's communities. Staffed in Washington, DC consists of six regional offices and 28 historic sites.
Northeast Document Conservation Center
- The mission of the NDCC is to improve the preservation programs of libraries, museums, archives, and other historical and cultural institutions. Includes disaster assistance, on-site consultations, general and collection surveys.
Northern States Conservation Center
- Provides information and support to museums, archives and individuals covering disaster response, storage, exhibits, environment, fundraising and pest management. Offers online museum classes and training and museum related products. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- A project enabling librarians, historians, and archivists to make important works available to students, scholars, and the general public in an interactive format while keeping the originals safe and untouched.
Parasmoon Restoration Department
- Iranian based company offers preservation and restoration of historic buildings, objects, books, and documents. Includes a portfolio and services.
Pest Research and Education: Museums Archives and Libraries
- Swedish working group on insect pest control in museums works with research and staff training in integrated pest management and preventive conservation on cultural collections.
- Offering conservation and restoration services, infestation and lead abatement treatments. Includes examples of work and contact information for area representatives. Based in Acworth, Georgia.
Preservation Alliance of Minnesota
- Dedicated to preserving Minnesota's historic resources. Requires frames. Too wide for smaller monitors.
Primer on Disaster Preparedness
- Provides information on disaster preparedness, management and response for paper-based materials.
- Binds new and old books, magazines, and newspapers for film sets, law libraries, publishers, the general public and the Queen’s Printers. Located in North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Regional Alliance for Preservation
- Provides preservation information to cultural institutions and the public throughout the United States.
Restoration Preservation Conservation Products
- Specializes in preservation and restoration waxes, polishes, and cleaners for a variety of surfaces.
Save America's Treasures
- A private/public initiative to document all monuments and outdoor sculpture in the United States and to help communities preserve outdoor sculpture.
Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute
- Provides research and education in the conservation, preservation, technical study and analysis of museum collection items and related materials.
South East Conservation and Restoration
- A service that includes condition assessment and documentation, remedial and preventive conservation, and exhibition services. Located in Sydney, Australia.
The State Russian Museum: Exhibits Conservation Department
- Provides thirteen laboratories for all aspects of conservation and restoration of exhibits at the museum located in St. Petersburg, Russia. [Russian and English]
Washington Conservation Guild
- Nonprofit organization for professional conservators, students and others interested in the conservation of art, ethnographic and archaeological objects, and other areas of materials conservation.
Western Association for Art Conservation (WAAC)
- Organization for museum and conservation professionals on the west coast and in the western part of the USA, including Alaska and Hawaii. Features annual meetings, workshops, and a newsletter for members.
Westlake Conservators, Ltd.
- Providing services in the preservation of paintings, frames, murals, textiles, paper and photographs. Includes samples of work, tips and links. Located in Skaneateles, New York.
Wooden Artifacts Group Postprints Archive
- Lists papers presented by the WAG specialty group at the AIC annual meeting from 1995-2001. [PDF files].
Conservation and Preservation
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 19:54:49 UTC -