the entire directory
only in Museums/Museum_Resources
Art and Antiquities Theft
Conservation and Preservation
Documentation and Cataloguing
Grants and Funding
Intellectual Property Directories
Museum Studies and Training
Shopping: Visual Arts: Museum Stores
This category in other languages:
- Full text databases of primary source material of 18th and 19th century periodicals.
American Association for State and Local History
- Provides leadership, service and support for the preservation and interpretation of American state and local history.
American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- One of the leading professional appraising organizations.
Art Museum Network
- A project of the Association of Art Museum Directors. With the exCALENDAR exhibition schedule database.
The Art Museum Partnership Directors Forum
- Network facilitating the sharing of information, resources and collections.
Arts Policy and Management, City University
- Offers a large number of resources and links covering all areas of arts, museum and heritage policy and management.
Austrian Architectural Foundation
- A national platform of different institutions to increase the public awareness of architecture as an important cultural factor through exhibitions and publications. Located in Vienna. (German and English)
Brian Debnam: Arts and Cultural Consultancy
- Profile, projects, feasibility studies, education and training, research, news, and contact information.
Chicago Appraisers Association
- Museum and charitable donation appraisals.
- Stories, arts and museum news, notices, reviews, features and trails, and promotes publicly-funded UK museums, galleries, archives and heritage attractions. Located in Brighton.
- A portal linking to research, funding opportunities, technical, and organizational resources.
E. Verner Johnson and Associates
- Museum architects and planners helping museums plan and design successful buildings.
- Web resource for technical managers, developers, authors or any other professionals who are using the web, kiosk or similar technologies in a museum context.
Esther Fitzgerald Rare Textiles
- Sourcing of antique textiles for private collectors, museums, and institutions. Services include valuation, conservation, research, and photography. Located in London.
European Network of Science Centers and Museums
- ECSITE - European organization representing science centers, museums and institutes in 25 countries.
Getty Research Institute
- Features a variety of arts and education programs and tools. Resources include online library, photograph and provenance databases, workshops, and grant information.
- An international museum site with stories, employment and resources for the museum professional and those with an interest in museums.
John Cronin & Associates
- Archaeological, conservation, and heritage services to government agencies, local authorities, private developers and community groups. Staff, consultants, and contact information.
Lord Cultural Resources
- International specialists in the planning and management of heritage, culture and the arts. Articles and information of interest to the museum professional.
Museum Computer Network
- Dedicated to fostering the cultural aims of museums through the use of computer technologies. Includes online newsletter, special interest group pages, lists of museum web sites, a searchable vendor marketplace.
Museum Employment Resource Center (MERC)
- Features information on resume postings, job announcements, museum studies programs, and conferences.
- Provides online recruitment for museums, galleries and other cultural organizations. Includes FAQs and contact information. Based in Argyll, Scotland, UK.
- A portal for museum information for museum professionals. Listings for museums, associations and service providers.
Museum Security Network
- Cultural property protection against malicious intent.
- Moving and transport, installation, conservation, custom and archival framing, climate-controlled storage, exhibit development, packing and crating, and collection documentation and management. Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Museums and the Web
- A professional look at internet initiatives launched by museums worldwide.
Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act
- Provides full text documents related to the Act under five categories: Legal Mandates, Guidance, Submissions, Notices, and Review Committee.
Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO)
- An independent network providing representation and information for the museum community of Europe.
- Touch screen exhibit games and programs designed for children of all ages, to educate visitors, and to inform. Customizable for theme, content, or venue.
- Specializing in educational workshops within museums, galleries and outreach to schools and community arts projects. Includes details of programs and links. Based in the United Kingdom.
Visitor Studies Association
- International organization devoted to enhancing and understanding visitor experiences in museums, zoos, science centers, historic sites, aquariums, botanical gardens, nature centers and interpretive sites.
Indian Art: Lost and Rarely Found
- Account on the extent of thefts of antiques from museums, and the trade in them. (April 16, 2004)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 16, 2015 at 6:15:03 UTC -