the entire directory
only in Museums/Museum_Resources
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Museum Resources
Art and Antiquities Theft
Conservation and Preservation
Documentation and Cataloguing
Grants and Funding
Intellectual Property Directories
Museum Studies and Training
Shopping: Visual Arts: Museum Stores
This category in other languages:
- Online resources for museology and for museum professionals, maintained by the Museum Studies Program at the University of Toronto, Canada, with directories, bibliographies, journals, papers, and academic offerings.
- Full text databases of primary source material of 18th and 19th century periodicals.
American Association for State and Local History
- Provides leadership, service and support for the preservation and interpretation of American state and local history.
American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- One of the leading professional appraising organizations.
Art Museum Network
- A project of the Association of Art Museum Directors. With the exCALENDAR exhibition schedule database.
Arts Policy and Management, City University
- Offers a large number of resources and links covering all areas of arts, museum and heritage policy and management.
Austrian Architectural Foundation
- A national platform of different institutions to increase the public awareness of architecture as an important cultural factor through exhibitions and publications. Located in Vienna. (German and English)
Brian Debnam: Arts and Cultural Consultancy
- Profile, projects, feasibility studies, education and training, research, news, and contact information.
Chicago Appraisers Association
- Museum and charitable donation appraisals.
- Stories, arts and museum news, notices, reviews, features and trails, and promotes publicly-funded UK museums, galleries, archives and heritage attractions. Located in Brighton.
- A portal linking to research, funding opportunities, technical, and organizational resources.
E. Verner Johnson and Associates
- Museum architects and planners helping museums plan and design successful buildings.
- Web resource for technical managers, developers, authors or any other professionals who are using the web, kiosk or similar technologies in a museum context.
Esther Fitzgerald Rare Textiles
- Sourcing of antique textiles for private collectors, museums, and institutions. Services include valuation, conservation, research, and photography. Located in London.
European Network of Science Centers and Museums
- ECSITE - European organization representing science centers, museums and institutes in 25 countries.
Getty Research Institute
- Features a variety of arts and education programs and tools. Resources include online library, photograph and provenance databases, workshops, and grant information.
International Museum Theatre Alliance
- Nonprofit organization promoting theater as an interpretive educational tool in museums, zoos, and aquaria. Includes news and events, a membership form and benefit details, photos, and a directory of board members. Located in New York.
John Cronin & Associates
- Archaeological, conservation, and heritage services to government agencies, local authorities, private developers and community groups. Staff, consultants, and contact information.
Lord Cultural Resources
- International specialists in the planning and management of heritage, culture and the arts. Articles and information of interest to the museum professional.
Museum Computer Network
- Dedicated to fostering the cultural aims of museums through the use of computer technologies. Includes online newsletter, special interest group pages, lists of museum web sites, a searchable vendor marketplace.
Museum Employment Resource Center (MERC)
- Features information on resume postings, job announcements, museum studies programs, and conferences.
Museum Job Resources Online
- A resource guide to assist museum job seekers.
- Provides online recruitment for museums, galleries and other cultural organizations. Includes FAQs and contact information. Based in Argyll, Scotland, UK.
- A portal for museum information for museum professionals. Listings for museums, associations and service providers.
Museum Security Network
- Cultural property protection against malicious intent.
- Moving and transport, installation, conservation, custom and archival framing, climate-controlled storage, exhibit development, packing and crating, and collection documentation and management. Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Museums and the Web
- A professional look at internet initiatives launched by museums worldwide.
Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act
- Provides full text documents related to the Act under five categories: Legal Mandates, Guidance, Submissions, Notices, and Review Committee.
Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO)
- An independent network providing representation and information for the museum community of Europe.
- Touch screen exhibit games and programs designed for children of all ages, to educate visitors, and to inform. Customizable for theme, content, or venue.
- Specializing in educational workshops within museums, galleries and outreach to schools and community arts projects. Includes details of programs and links. Based in the United Kingdom.
The Art Museum Partnership Directors Forum
- Network facilitating the sharing of information, resources and collections.
Visitor Studies Association
- International organization devoted to enhancing and understanding visitor experiences in museums, zoos, science centers, historic sites, aquariums, botanical gardens, nature centers and interpretive sites.
Indian Art: Lost and Rarely Found
- Account on the extent of thefts of antiques from museums, and the trade in them. (April 16, 2004)
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:02:39 AM EDT -