become an editor
the entire directory
only in War/WW_II
Society: History: By Time Period: Twentieth Century: Wars and Conflicts: World War II
This category in other languages:
306th Bombardment Group Museum
- Offers a collection of memorabilia, photographs, and displays from the World War II airfield based in Thurleigh, UK. Includes a history of the facility, events, and directions.
The 390th Memorial Museum
- Contains the restored B-17G "I'll Be Around", as well as other World War II exhibits. Includes photos and directions. Located on the grounds of the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson.
American Airpower Museum
- Museum commemorating the World War Two big iron birds, especially the Republic P-47 "Thunderbolt". Offers information and photos of aircraft. Located in Farmingdale, N.Y. (Long Island) at Republic Airport.
Arizona Wing CAF
- Displays warbirds from WWII through Vietnam, and memorabilia from WWII. Provides details of exhibits, restoration projects, events, show schedules, information about a meeting facility, memberships, and directions to the location in Mesa, Arizona.
Bataan Memorial Military Museum and Library
- The central focus of Museum and Library is men of the 200th Coast Artillery Regiment, defenders of Bataan and Corregidor, suffered the Bataan Death March and 3-1/2 years as prisoners of the Japanese. Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
CAF Air Group One
- Preserves World War II aircraft and interprets the history of the people and planes of World War II. Located in El Cajon, California.
Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum
- A tribute to the men and women who were trained as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan during World War II. Features virtual tour of exhibits, hours and admission rates. Located in Brandon, Manitoba.
- Tells the story of the invasion of Normandy by the Allied Forces in 1944. Features the Overland Embroidery. Includes events schedule, hours, rates and directions. Located in Portsmouth. [English, French, Spanish and Italian].
- Experience the sights, sounds and smells of those dangerous years of World War II. Located in Malton, England.
Eldred WWII Museum
- Originally a munitions plant, the museum exhibits the history of World War II through artifacts and stories from Veterans and local residents. Located in Pennsylvania.
- A fort in the Maginot Line with descriptions and pictures.
- Features Occupation of 1940-1944 in the North of France, World War II bunker, Hitler's V1 and V2 rockets and the Cold War. Includes details of displays, hours, fees and directions. Located in Nord–Pas-de-Calais, France.
Museum of Science and Industry: U-505 Submarine
- German World War II Type-IXc Unterseeboot (submarine) that was captured in battle by boarding parties from the USS Guadalcanal task group 23 on 4 June 1944. It resides in the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Il.
National Museum of the Pacific War
- Dedicated to telling the story of Pacific Theater battles of World War II. Displays Allied and Japanese aircraft, tanks and guns. Includes details of exhibits, hours, admission, events, volunteer program, school programs and bookstore. Located in Fredericksburg, Texas.
The National WWII Museum
- Explores the lives of American men and women who took part in World War II through letters, recruitment posters, weapons, models, and film. Located in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Palm Springs Air Museum of Flying World War II Aircraft
- The Palm Springs Air Museum is dedicated to the preservation, presentation and interpretation of the Air Power of World War Two, its relevance and significance upon the course of history, and its impact on contemporary life.
Parham Airfield Museum
- Dedicated as a tribute to the endeavors of the 390th Bomb Group, 8th U.S. Army Air Force and other Allied airmen operating from bases throughout East Angla. Includes a history of the restoration and hours. Located in Suffolk.
The Royal Navy Submarine Museum
- Offers a unique learning experience aboard a World War II submarine. Located in Gosport, Hampshire.
The Shoreham Aircraft Museum
- The Shoreham Aircraft Museum - commemorating the Battle of Britain and the air war over Britain during World War Two. The exhibition features a large collection of relics from excavated Luftwaffe and RAF aircraft, along with Home Front memorabilia.
Tangmere Military Aviation Museum
- Tangmere and the Battle of Britain, secret operations, the 'Dams' raid. These and many other stories are told through the exhibits of aircraft, and personal effects uniforms housed in the museum. Located in West Sussex.
Thameside Aviation Museum
- Features aviation history and the archeology of over thirty downed WW II aircraft. Located in East Tilbury, Essex.
USS Indianapolis CA 35 Museum
- Includes brief information about the museum, the ship, news and events.
World War Two History Center
- Research database, resource library, news, photographs, and links located at Towanda, Kansas.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 31, 2014 at 15:16:35 UTC -