become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Navy
USS New Jersey
USS North Carolina
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Military: Navy
- Information on membership, historic military and naval ship exhibits, meeting facilities, volunteer opportunities and youth camping arrangements. Includes hours, admission rates and directions. At Battleship Cove, Fall River, Massachusetts.
Battleship Texas State Historic Site
- Texas is the last of the battleships, patterned after HMS Dreadnought, that participated in World War I and the Second World War. Considered the most powerful warship afloat because of her ten 14"/45 guns in five twin turrets. Located in LaPorte.
Hampton Roads Naval Museum
- U.S. Naval museum that interprets the 220 year history of the U.S. Navy in southeast Virginia and northeast North Carolina.
Independence Seaport Museum
- Located on Philadelphia's Penn's Landing. Includes Admiral Dewey's 1898 flagship at the Battle of the Manila Bay, USS Olympia, and a WWII submarine, the USS Becuna.
Moffett Field Museum
- General and visitor information, history, gallery, and giftshop. Located on Moffett Field, Sunnyvale, California.
National Museum of Naval Aviation
- Site for the popular air and space museum maintained by the Pensacola NAS Museum Foundation.
Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum
- Home to USS Yorktown (CV-10), USS Laffey (DD-724), USCG cutter Ingham(WHEC-35), USS Clamagore (SS-343). Also a full-size navy advance tactical support base from the Vietnam era, dozens of displays on exhibit. Located in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
- The USS Cavalla SS-244 in Seawolf Park, Galveston, Texas.
U.S. Naval Museum of Armament and Technology
- Focuses on the heritage and accomplishments of the China Lake military-civilian-industry team. Includes hours, membership application and directions.
USS Batfish (SS 310)
- Features items related to the submarine, and battle flags, photographs, artifacts, models and other items of World War II era. Includes hours and admission. Located in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
USS Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park
- Provides news, calendar of events, programs, and gift shop. Located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- One of the U. S. Navy's last diesel-powered submarines until decommissioned in 1975. Now on display. Located in Charleston, South Carolina.
- World War II navy submarine.
USS Growler SSG-577
- Submarine museum. Located in Groton, CT.
USS Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. (DD-850) Destroyer Museum
- Offers insight to the history of the ship and her crew, including a crewmembers association, news, ship's store, and hours of operation. Located in Fall River, Massachusetts.
The USS Lexington Museum On The Bay
- General, visitor, tour, programs and exhibit information. Located in Corpus Christi, Texas.
USS Pampanito (SS-383)
- World War II Balao class fleet submarine that is open for visitors daily at San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. Features virtual reality tour, history and crew, technology and fact sheet. Includes hours and directions.
USS Salem CA-139
- Features the ship's history and exhibits. Located in Quincy, MA.
Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum
- Exhibits the naval history of the city of Vallejo, California, and the Mare Island Naval Shipyard.
Vietnam Unit Memorial Monument
- Land at Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado has been set aside for the construction of a memorial dedicated to all USN/USCG personnel who died during the war. The site will included static displays of a PCF (Swiftboat) and a PBR.
Wisconsin's Maritime Museum
- Featuring submarine tours of USS Cobia (SS-245). Located in Manitowoc.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 15:59:13 UTC -