become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Army
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Military: Army: Museums
The 390th Memorial Museum
- Contains the restored B-17G "I'll Be Around", as well as other World War II exhibits. Includes photos and directions. Located on the grounds of the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson.
82nd Airborne Division War Memorial Museum
- Includes history, hours, photo gallery and directions. Located in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
AAF Tank Museum
- Mattituck, New York. One of the finest collections of tanks, armoured vehicles, ordnance, uniforms, and headgear found anywhere in the world.
Airborne and Special Operations Museum
- Displays start in 1940 with the conception of the U.S. Army Parachute Test Platoon and end with today's airborne and special operations units. Includes a visitor's guide, volunteer roles, a gift shop, and maps. Located in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
Arizona Military Museum
- Features displays of uniforms, vehicles, artillery and miscellaneous mementos from military encounters from the time of the Spanish Conquistadors to the present era. Includes hours of operation. Located in Papago Park Military Reservation, Phoenix, Arizona.
Army Ordnance Museum
- Mostly examples of foreign countries' weapons from World War II and I, on display in the field outside the building. Inside are special displays, an collection of small arms, library and a small theater. Includes photos, hours, membership details, location and contact details. Located at Aberdeen Proving Ground.
Harbor Defense Museum
- National historic landmark built in 1825. Contains artifacts and exhibits that explain the history of the Fort Hamilton and its role in the defense of New York. Includes educational and volunteer opportunities, monthly and special events, hours and directions.
Military Museum of Southern New England
- Offering over 10,000 20th and 21st century military and home side history artifacts. Provides virtual tour and information on exhibits, group tours, events and gift shop. Located in Danbury, Connecticut.
National Guard Militia Museum
- This organization has the mission of preserving and explaining the military heritage of New Jersey. Located in Lawrenceville.
National Museum of Cavalry & Armor
- Established in 1949 to preserve historical materials relating to Mechanized Cavalry and Armor and to make them available to Armor soldiers and for public exhibit and research. Located in Fort Knox, Kentucky.
U.S. Army Center of Military History
- Covers history of the US army.
U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum
- Preserving the history and traditions of the U.S. Army's oldest logistics branch. Located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
U.S. Army Women's Museum
- A resource for history of women in the Army. Located in Fort Lee, Virginia.
United States Army Aviation Museum
- U.S. Army aviation museum at Ft. Rucker is situated between the Alabama cities of Ozark, Enterprise, Daleville and Dothan.
West Point Museum
- The oldest and largest diversified public collection of miltaria in the Western Hemisphere.
White Sands Missile Range Museum
- Traces the origin of America's missile and space activity. Includes information about hours, exhibits, range history, a map and driving directions to its location near Alamogordo, New Mexico.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 14, 2013 at 10:42:26 UTC -