become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Reference: Museums: Transportation: Aviation: North America: United States
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars
The Air Museum: Planes of Fame
- A fairly site with background and some great pictures of the museum's aircraft and restorations. (Also some coverage of the museum's Grand Canyon location at Valle, Arizona.) Located at Chino Airport in Chino, California.
Air Victory Museum
- Features displays of aircraft, engines, artifacts, models and military vehicles. Includes hours, admission, photographs, membership and volunteer opportunities, library and directions. Located in Lumberton, New Jersey.
Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives
- Features exhibits, library, video collection and stories about local veterans from the Civil War to the present. Includes photo gallery, forum and directions. Located in Athens, Alabama.
American Airpower Heritage Museum
- The website offers a virtual tour of the primary Confederate Air Force museum, but no detail of its excellent collection of military aircraft. Located in Midland, Texas.
American Airpower Museum
- Museum commemorating the World War Two big iron birds, especially the Republic P-47 "Thunderbolt". Offers information and photos of aircraft. Located in Farmingdale, N.Y. (Long Island) at Republic Airport.
American Military Museum
- Museum in Charleston SC with collections on display from the Revolutionary War to the War on Terror.
The American Society of Military History: Military Museum
- Exhibits from all branches of the US armed forces, Army, Navy, Marines and the Air Force. Located in South El Monte, California.
American Wings Air Museum
- Features preservation of the OV-1 Mohawk, and other aircraft used as liaison, FAC, and reconnaissance. Located on Janes Field in Blaine.
Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts
- Features history of first military company chartered in the Western Hemisphere and 3rd oldest in the world. Includes hours and directions. Located in Fanueil Hall in Boston.
Aviation Cadet Museum
- A new museum is being built that will exemplify the spirit of the great men who are responsible for building the USAF. Located in Eureka Springs.
Bataan Memorial Military Museum and Library
- The central focus of Museum and Library is men of the 200th Coast Artillery Regiment, defenders of Bataan and Corregidor, suffered the Bataan Death March and 3-1/2 years as prisoners of the Japanese. Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Butler County Soldiers, Sailors & Pioneers Monument
- Sailors and Pioneers Monument. Houses military artifacts ranging from the Civil War to the Gulf Ear. Located in Hamilton, Ohio.
CAF Air Group One
- Preserves World War II aircraft and interprets the history of the people and planes of World War II. Located in El Cajon, California.
The California Military Museum
- Official military museum and historical research center of the State of California in Sacramento.
Central Florida World War 2 Museum
- General information, collections, exhibits, events, and store. Located in Tampa.
Combat Air Museum
- Presents a wide variety of military and aviation-oriented memorabilia, ranging in time from World War I to the space shuttle program. Includes photos, artifacts and dioramas, gallery of military aviation art and visitor information. Located at Forbes Field in Topeka.
Cradle of Aviation Museum
- Offers historical museum dedicated to military aircraft production in Long Island during World War Two. Offers exhibits, an IMAX theater, history, general information, news, events, and a guestbook.
Eagle Field Army Air Forces Training Base
- Offering dinner dances, military vehicles, vintage aircraft and automobiles. Dedicated to preserving historical military artifacts and the memories of heroic veterans. Located in Dos Palos.
Estrella Warbirds Museum
- Chartered in 1992, dedicated to the restoration and preservation of military aircraft, military vehicles and memorabilia of those who flew and worked on military aircraft. Also includes an automotive racing history museum. One of the few "fly-in or drive-in" facilities in the nation, located at Paso Robles Municipal Airport.
Frazier Historical Arms Museum
- Visitor information, education programs, collections, and tour information located at Louisville, Kentucky.
- To honor those Americans who made the supreme sacrifice, those who served, and to teach the young their heritage. Located in Manassas, Virginia.
Frontiers of Flight Museum
- Illustrates the museum's displays and artifacts. Located in the terminal Building at Love Field, Dallas, Texas.
Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles
- A non-profit corporation dedicated to the restoration and preservation of historical military equipment of all types. Located in Lexington, Nebraska.
Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum
- Features aircraft carrier USS Intrepid, the destroyer USS Edson, submarine USS Growler and over 25 aircraft. Includes details of programs and events, memberships, Friends organization, hours, prices and directions. Located in New York City.
The March Field Air Museum
- A museum of primarily Air Force aircraft with an excellent post-WW2 collection. Website navigation leads to other sites for details. Located in Riverside, California.
Michigan's Own Military & Space Museum
- Holds over 400 exhibits, each devoted to a soldier, sailor, or airman. Includes a virtual tour, hours and address. Located in Frankenmuth, Michigan.
Motts Military Museum
- Preserves, protects and displays items of American military history, especially that of individual soldiers and their stories. Located in Groveport, Ohio.
Museum of the Horse Soldier
- Featuring private collection of original United States cavalry uniforms, artifacts, arms and accoutrements. Represents the period in history from the Civil War through the end of the horse cavalry in 1942. Includes hours, admission rate and directions. Located in Tucson, Arizona.
National Armed Services and Law Enforcement Memorial Museum
- Displays hundreds of arms and artifacts from the flintlocks of the Revolutionary War to the electric Gatling gun. Includes details and photos of exhibits, hours and directions. Located in Dunedin, Florida.
National Medal of Honor Museum of Military History
- Tells the story of sacrifices of those who went above and beyond the call of duty to preserve the cause of freedom. Provides a mission statement, its history, display details, hours, and directions to the location in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
National Museum of American Jewish Military History
- Documents and preserves the contributions of Jewish Americans to the peace and freedom of the United States. Located in Washington, DC.
National Museum of the Pacific War
- Dedicated to telling the story of Pacific Theater battles of World War II. Displays Allied and Japanese aircraft, tanks and guns. Includes details of exhibits, hours, admission, events, volunteer program, school programs and bookstore. Located in Fredericksburg, Texas.
The National WWII Museum
- Explores the lives of American men and women who took part in World War II through letters, recruitment posters, weapons, models, and film. Located in New Orleans, Louisiana.
New York State Military Museum
- Currently, the collection is undergoing significant changes Designed to improve the collection and curatorial services and to enhance the exhibition capability of a future museum. Located in Saratoga Springs.
Palm Springs Air Museum
- Site gives good coverage of the museum with some pictures and background of Bob Pond's collection of WW2 aircraft. Located at Palm Springs Airport, Palm Springs, California.
Pearson Air Museum
- A pre-WWII Army Air Corps Airfield preserved with flight capable aircraft on display and interactive hands-on activities for the children. Includes historic photos of the pioneering days of aviation in the Pacific Northwest.
Texas Military Forces Museum
- Museum and archival collection dedicated to the men and women who served in the military forces of Texas.
Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum
- Site provides general information on the museum, some restoration projects, and promotes the annual warbird airshow. Located in Titusville, Florida.
Veterans & Families Traveling Tribute Museum
- Features replicas, models, maps, pictures, stories and other memorabilia. Available for set up in Texas and Louisiana. Includes contact information. Located in Bridge City, Texas.
Veterans Memorial Museum
- Features sculpture, murals, historical artifacts, objects d' art and memorabilia in five halls that honor the five main wars and conflicts fought during the 20th Century. Includes hours of operation. Located in Branson, Missouri.
Veterans Memorial Museum
- Displays of historical military vehicles from World War I to the present, and tableaus, artifacts, and other memorabilia dating back to the Revolutionary War, and includes images and news located at Huntsville, Alabama.
Vintage Flying Museum
- The museum features a rare B-17G Pathfinder Flying Fortress, "Chuckie", and a unique flock of warbirds as well as the facility that "Keeps 'Em Flying!" Located on the edge of Meacham International Airport in Fort Worth, Texas.
Virginia Military Institute Museum
- Archives and information about the over 1,900 VMI alumni of the "West Point of the South" of the Civil War era.
The War Vet Museum
- A collection of over 36,000 artifacts that can be handled, read, and touched. Features photo galleries. Located in Canfield, Ohio.
Wings of Eagles Discovery Center
- Information and photos of the museum's collection of military aircraft. Located in New York at the Elmira-Corning Airport.
Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum
- Air and Space Museum in Denver. Features 17 military aircraft, 24 various home-builts, sail planes, restorations, and reproductions, collection of World War I uniforms and memorabilia. Includes hours and contact information.
Wisconsin Veterans Museum
- Tells the story of men and women from the Badger State who served in America's conflicts from the Civil War to the Persian Gulf War. Includes online tour of galleries, hours, calendar of events, services, research center and resources. Free admission. Located in Madison.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 31, 2014 at 15:16:37 UTC -