become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/Canada
Reference: Museums: Transportation: Aviation: North America: Canada
Regional: North America: Canada: Government: Military
Society: History: By Topic: Wars and Conflicts: Regional: Canada
This category in other languages:
Air Defence Museum
- Includes all appropriate information pertaining to this organisation dedicated to the history of the Canadian Air Force. Located in Alouette, Quebec.
Billy Bishop Heritage Museum
- The Owen Sound Ontario birthplace of William Avery "Billy" Bishop, V.C. is dedicated to Bishop and aviation history from World War One to the Avro Arrow.
Bomber Command Museum of Canada
- Site describes the Society, Museum and the WW 2 Lancaster bomber that is the primary focus, as well as other aircraft and vehicles from Bomber Command. Located in Nanton, Alberta.
Canadian Museum of Flight
- Houses over 25 aircraft both static and flying, art gallery and gift shop. The aircraft range from a WWII Handley Page Hampden to a T-33 Silverstar. Includes hours, admission and location.
Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
- Over 25 aircraft in flying condition. Over 100 pictures for viewing and downloading. Located in Mount Hope, Ontario.
CFB Esquimalt Naval and Military Museum
- Focus is on three military groups who have made an impact upon Canada's history: Canadian Women's Army Corps (CWAC), Royal Canadian Navy, and West Coast Defences of Vancouver Island. Located in Victoria, British Columbia.
Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum
- A tribute to the men and women who were trained as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan during World War II. Features virtual tour of exhibits, hours and admission rates. Located in Brandon, Manitoba.
Comox Air Force Museum
- Displays the heritage of the 19 Wing Comox and West Coast Canadian military aviation. Includes details of exhibits, hours of operation, a library database, a membership form and a location map. Located in Comox, British Columbia.
Cornwallis Military Museum
- Displaying wartime/peacetime memorabilia and items pertaining to recruit training at the former training base. Includes photos, membership, hours, admission and directions. Located in Clementsport, Nova Scotia, Canada.
The Fort Garry Horse Museum
- Museum site for a cavalry and armored regiment of the Canadian Army. Page covers regimental history, the museum and the regiment today.
Greenwood Military Aviation Museum
- Dedicated to the aviation history of Greenwood from its founding in 1942. Includes hours of operation, donations policy and volunteer opportunities. Located in Greenwood, Nova Scotia.
Military Communications and Electronics Museum
- Exhibits of past, current and expected future technology. Museum, exhibits and shop profiles, plus events calendar.
The Military Museums
- Located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this museum presents the history of Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians), Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, The King's Own Calgary Regiment, and The Calgary Highlanders.
National Air Force Museum of Canada
- The site features many photos and much information about the museum as well as the recovery and restoration of the Halifax bomber NA337. Located in Trenton, Ontario.
Naval Museum of Manitoba
- Featuring the history of Canada's Navy, especially as it pertains to Manitoban's who have served. Contains images and statistics of most WWII warships.
Shearwater Aviation Museum
- Includes exhibit information and photos, history of the museum and base, online shop, and information about the aircraft, ships, and squadrons that served in the area. Located in Shearwater, Nova Scotia.
The Swords And Ploughshares Museum
- Represents a unique approach to military history as its primary focus is on the Citizen Soldier (the Militiaman and Reservist) at peace and at war. Located in Kars, Ontario.
XII Manitoba Dragoons and 26 Field Regiment Museum
- Dedicated to preserving the memory of those who served their country in the various wars and engagements in which Canadian troops participated. Memorabilia includes uniforms, webbing, bayonets, cap badges, shoulder flashes, flags, maps and swords. Includes hours. Located in Brandon, Manitoba.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 9:24:10 UTC -