become an editor
the entire directory
only in Military/Europe
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: Military: Europe
Reference: Museums: Transportation: Aviation: Europe
Central Finland Aviation Museum
- Exhibition consists mainly of aircraft which have been used by the Finnish Air Force, their engines and aircrew equipment. Includes photo gallery and list of planes, open times, directions and prices. Located near Tikkakoski.
- A fort in the Maginot Line with descriptions and pictures.
- Presents the history of Kobarid (Slovenia), particularly the events on the Soca between May and November 1917. A historical museum with a military subject and an antiwar message.
Kubinka Tank Museum
- Features a fully escorted tour of one of the world largest tank museums. Information on clearance for foreign visitors, fees, pictures, and information. Located in Russia.
Memorial Museum Passchendaele 1917
- History, photos, educational activities, archives, news, and contact information. Located in Zonnebeke, the Netherlands.
Museum of Science and Industry: U-505 Submarine
- German World War II Type-IXc Unterseeboot (submarine) that was captured in battle by boarding parties from the USS Guadalcanal task group 23 on 4 June 1944. It resides in the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Il.
Musée de l'Armée
- The French Army Museum, based in Les Invalides in Paris. French and English sections.
Parola Tank Museum
- Features Finnish armored vehicles and anti-tank artillery. Includes a photo gallery, fees and directions. Located at Hattula, Finland.
- Exhibit of artifacts left mostly by the First U.S. Infantry Division. Features a photo gallery, news, and agenda. Located in Belgium.
Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and of Military History
- Exhibits the history of Belgium military technology and armaments. Located in Brussels, Belgium.
Royal Museum of the Army and Military History
- In one of the larger halls, a collection of 130 airplanes can be seen . Special attention is given to the airplanes of the period around the second World War as used by the Luftwaffe and the Allied Forces. Located in Cinquantenaire Park, Brussels, Belgium.
The Shoreham Aircraft Museum
- Dedicated to the Battle of Britain, featuring artifacts from German and British aircraft, and display of paintings by aviation artist Geoff Nutkins. Includes photos, hours, directions and contact information. Located in Kent.
Swedish Air Force Museum, Malmslätt
- Unofficial homepage that features galleries of photos with information.
- Features German, Soviet, Japan armored vehicles and equipment. Includes photo galleries and details of exhibits, hours, admission fees and directions. Located in Kubinka, Russia. [Russian and English].
Zeppelin and Garrison Museum Tønder
- Features a collection of airships. Includes history of the base, guided tours, photos, hours, admission fees and directions. Tønder, Denmark. [Danish, German and English]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 16:30:20 UTC -