become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Texas
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: United States: Texas
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture: History
- Includes details of exhibits, hours of operation, admission, calendar of events, rules and regulations, educational resources, links and directions. Located in San Antonio.
Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- A dynamic educational institution that engages visitors in the exciting Story of Texas through a variety of programs and exhibit experiences in Austin.
Brazoria County Historical Museum
- Artifact exhibits that relate the history of and which reflect the area's cultural and demographic diversity in Angleton.
Coryell Museum and Historical Center
- Exhibits that depict the history of the city and area, and includes a collection of spurs and western memorabilia in Gatesville.
Downtown Medicine Mound Preservation Group
- A non-profit Texas corporation formed to promote the ghost town of Medicine Mound, Texas and museum. Provides general and grant information, vision, gallery, stories, weblog, contact information, and directions.
E. H. Danner Museum of Telephony
- A collection of over 100 telephones and other equipment related to the history of the telephone in San Angelo.
Gregg County Historical Museum
- Exhibits illustrate the development of the city and area in Longview.
The History Center
- Non-profit organization featuring an outdoor railroad exhibit, displays of photographs and artifacts, and archival resources that explore the growth and development of the community. Includes membership details, volunteer opportunities, and a visitor's guide. Located in Diboll.
- Displays and exhibits the portray the history of the city and area in Livingston.
Museum of Southern History
- Exhibits that chronicle the antebellum history of the South, the coming of an Un-Civil War, the tragic events that composed that drama, and the effects upon generations of Southern society in Sugar Land.
The Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum
- Tour the completely refurbished jackup drilling rig, absorb the day-to-day excitement of offshore drilling and production, marine transportation, environmental protection, construction, and pipelining. Located in Galveston.
Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum
- Exhibits illustrate Western heritage, transportation, and geology, furniture and decorative arts, fine arts and petroleum. Includes hours, events, admission, research center, membership details and directions. Located in Canyon.
Sam Houston Memorial Museum
- Calendar of events, virtual tour, hours of operation, membership information, and chronology. Located in Huntsville.
Scurry County Museum
- Exhibits that depict the history of the city and area in Snyder, TX.
Star of the Republic Museum
- Exhibits, audio-visual presentations, and educational programs that presents the experiences of ordinary Texans and extraordinary events in Washington.
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- Features displays relating to the American West, law enforcement, Southern Plains Indian history and ethnography, firearms history and technology. Includes hours, FAQs and research center. Located in Waco.
Upshur County Historical Museum
- Featuring pictorial displays, pioneers, famous residents, homes, landmarks, events, biographies, map, cemeteries. Includes hours of operation and directions. Donations welcomed. Located in Gilmer.
The Williamson Museum
- Collects, preserves, and exhibits documents and artifacts relating to the area's history. Contains details of the exhibits, events, memberships, a volunteer form and map directions to the location in Georgetown.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:24:05 PM EDT -