become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Pennsylvania
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: United States: Pennsylvania
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania: Society and Culture: History
Atwater Kent Museum of Philadelphia History
- Exhibits and displays of artifacts depicting the history of the city.
Conneaut Lake Area Historical Society
- Nonprofit organization preserves the area's history. Includes programs and events, membership details, items for sale, and hours of operation.
Coolspring Power Museum
- A collection that illuminates the history of the evolution of internal combustion technology that put an end to the steam powered era.
Eastern State Penitentiary
- Offers tour of the complex. Includes historical timeline, details of exhibits, hours, admission, events, membership, volunteer opportunities, directions. Located in Philadelphia.
Johnstown Flood Museum
- The story of a great tragedy, a neglected dam and a phenomenal storm that led to a catastrophe in which 2,209 people died on May 31, 1889.
Landis Valley Museum
- Collects, conserves, exhibits, and interprets Pennsylvania German material, culture, history and heritage from 1740 through 1940. Includes details of collections, virtual tour, educational resources, events and programs, hours, admission and directions. Located in Lancaster.
National Apple Museum
- Exhibits of early picking, packing, and shipping of fruit, pest management, commercial fruit processing equipment, early orchard photographs, a recreated 1880's farm kitchen and a General Store, farming implements, apple peelers, and fruit labels in Biglerville.
Penns Valley Area Historical Museum
- Interprets the pre-historical, historical and cultural heritage of the people of the area through a collection of artifacts and a genealogical library. Includes a visitor's guide, volunteerism and membership details. Located in Aaronsburg.
Portage Station Museum
- Features two-story brick train depot built in 1926 by John T. Gray and Son. Served as a station on the Pennsylvania Railroad until 1954. Includes virtual tour, details of exhibits and hours.
Senator John Heinz History Center
- A Smithsonian-affiliated museum and the largest history museum in Pennsylvania, dedicated to the 250 year history of the Western Pennsylvania region. Located in Pittsburgh.
Slate Belt Museum and Historical Society
- Housed in a landmark 1836 building in Mount Bethel, permanent displays include slate mining exhibit, antique farm implements, Victorian home furnishings and clothing, and local Indian artifacts. Includes history of the building and hours.
Wayne County Historical Society and Museum
- Society and museum dedicated to the preservation of history. Includes information on the Stourbridge Lion Replica, the first locomotive to run on commercial track in America. Located in Honesdale, PA.
The World of Scouting Museum
- Displays and exhibits of artifacts telling the history of the girl and boy scouts in Valley Forge.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:39:31 AM EDT -