become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Pennsylvania
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania: Society and Culture: History
Atwater Kent Museum of Philadelphia History
- Exhibits and displays of artifacts depicting the history of the city.
Conneaut Lake Area Historical Society
- Nonprofit organization preserves the area's history. Includes programs and events, membership details, items for sale, and hours of operation.
Coolspring Power Museum
- Collects and preserves early stationary internal combustion engines in over twenty buildings, and also provides a gift shop. Includes the history of the museum, admission, membership and directions.
Eastern State Penitentiary
- Offers tour of the complex. Includes historical timeline, details of exhibits, hours, admission, events, membership, volunteer opportunities, directions. Located in Philadelphia.
Johnstown Flood Museum
- The story of a great tragedy, a neglected dam and a phenomenal storm that led to a catastrophe in which 2,209 people died on May 31, 1889.
Landis Valley Museum
- Collects, conserves, exhibits, and interprets Pennsylvania German material, culture, history and heritage from 1740 through 1940. Includes details of collections, virtual tour, educational resources, events and programs, hours, admission and directions. Located in Lancaster.
Penns Valley Area Historical Museum
- Interprets the pre-historical, historical and cultural heritage of the people of the area through a collection of artifacts and a genealogical library. Includes a visitor's guide, volunteerism and membership details. Located in Aaronsburg.
Portage Station Museum
- Features two-story brick train depot built in 1926 by John T. Gray and Son. Served as a station on the Pennsylvania Railroad until 1954. Includes virtual tour, details of exhibits and hours.
Senator John Heinz History Center
- A Smithsonian-affiliated museum and the largest history museum in Pennsylvania, dedicated to the 250 year history of the Western Pennsylvania region. Located in Pittsburgh.
Slate Belt Museum and Historical Society
- Housed in a landmark 1836 building in Mount Bethel, permanent displays include slate mining exhibit, antique farm implements, Victorian home furnishings and clothing, and local Indian artifacts. Includes history of the building and hours.
Wayne County Historical Society and Museum
- Society and museum dedicated to the preservation of history. Includes information on the Stourbridge Lion Replica, the first locomotive to run on commercial track in America. Located in Honesdale, PA.
The World of Scouting Museum
- Displays and exhibits of artifacts telling the history of the girl and boy scouts in Valley Forge.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 1, 2014 at 18:35:08 UTC -