become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/North_Carolina
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: United States: North Carolina
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: North Carolina: Society and Culture: History
Avery County Historical Museum
- Features the history of the Avery County area. Includes genealogy, exhibit, and visitor information. Located in Newland.
The Brevard Station Museum
- Contains thousands of items and artifacts depicting the history of Stanley. Includes virtual tour, hours and directions. Located in Stanley.
Cape Fear Museum of History and Science
- Contains thousands of artifacts and photographs, a diorama of the Civil War battle of Fort Fisher. Includes membership and volunteer opportunities, hours, fees, calendar Located in Wilmington.
The Charlotte Museum of History
- Programs and exhibits, based on the people, buildings, stories and objects spanning the region's history, providing historic context for understanding how conditions and decisions of the past impact the region today and shape its future.
Greensboro Historical Museum
- Features information on collections, archives, tours and outreach programs.
The Mount Airy Museum of Regional History
- Permanent and special exhibitions that preserve and interpret the back country region at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Includes an events calendar, tour information, photo archive, research library, and gift shop.
Museum of the Waxhaws and Andrew Jackson Memorial
- Contains historic artifacts documenting the development of the region from the time of the Waxhaw Indians, for whom the region is named, until 1900 in Waxhaw, NC.
North Carolina Museum of History
- Provides details of exhibits, collections, associates, programs and events, and education services. Includes hours and directions. Located in Raleigh.
Orange County Historical Museum
- Collections ranging from pre-colonial through the Revolutionary and Civil Wars to the early 1900s in Hillsborough.
Raleigh City Museum
- Private, non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, preserving and interpreting the history of the state's capital city. Includes details of exhibits, hours, membership details, volunteer opportunities, event calendar and location. Free admission.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 24, 2013 at 11:35:05 UTC -