become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/New_York
Regional: North America: United States: New York: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
The Adirondack Museum
- Explores the culture, environment and history of the region. Includes hours, fees, virtual tours, online exhibits, events, FAQs, services and directions. Located in Blue Mountain Lake.
Chapman Historical Museum
- Presents the history of the Glens Falls - Queensbury community and photographs of Seneca Ray Stoddard displayed in the restored Victorian home of the DeLong Family. Includes details of current displays, hours, membership information, and directions.
The Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse Museum
- Displays about lighthouse lore, navigation and local history in Rochester.
Chemung Valley History Museum.
- Collections and exhibitions focusing on the Southern Tier of New York State and neighboring Northern Pennsylvania in Elmira.
Coney Island Museum
- Features memorabilia of the amusement park. Includes hours, admission, membership details and directions. Located in Brooklyn.
Fort Klock Historic Restoration
- A fortified farm homestead in the Mohawk Valley, the 30-acre complex has original colonial farm structures, a 19th century schoolhouse and blacksmith's shop. Includes photos and details of buildings, events, hours, membership, links and directions. Located in St. Johnsville.
The Long Island Museum of American Art, History and Carriages
- Offers two separate buildings, with collections featuring exhibitions on American historical and social themes and horse-drawn vehicles. Includes hours, admission, programs and events, memberships, map and directions. Located in Stony Brook.
The Lost Museum
- A 3D exploration and archive of P. T. Barnum's American Museum, 1865, New York City.
Lower East Side Tenement Museum
- Focuses on America's urban immigrant history in New York.
Mattituck-Laurel Historical Society and Museums
- A "living museum" where the past is recreated on a life-size scale. Several historical houses are included.
Montauk Point Lighthouse
- The oldest lighthouse in the state, authorized under President George Washington in 1792. Offers online gift shop, photos, events calendar and information on lighthouse museum. (Montauk)
Museum of Wayne County History
- Collections and exhibits of artifacts depicting the county and surrounding area in Lyons.
New York Historical Society
- Interprets cultural history of the city and state. Includes hours, admission, membership details, library, events, details of exhibits and directions. Located in New York City.
North Tonawanda History Museum
- Collections depicting the city and focusing on immigrant heritage and the role as an important shipping and manufacturing center located on the historic Erie Canal and Niagara River in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Quincy Square Museum
- Displays of artifacts and literature about the history of Earlville and its surrounding area.
Slate Valley Museum
- Exhibits dedicated to the history and culture of the slate industry in Granville.
- Exhibits on the history of the town, including the early American Circus, the Harlem Line Railroad, the Tilly Foster Mine, the Borden Milk Condensery, and the Croton Reservoir System.
Tenement Museum Blog
- Descriptions and pictures of activities in the museum ss well as in the Lower East Side neighborhood around it.
Thousand Islands Museum
- Special exhibits of world class muskies and hunting decoys from the past and present in Clayton.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2016 at 1:57:24 UTC -