become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Michigan
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Michigan: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Michigan: Society and Culture: History
Algonac-Clay Historical Society
- Highlights Algonac's boat building heritage featuring Chris-Craft, Gar Wood and the many other local boat builders. Includes artifacts featuring local history, business, industry, schools, churches and the military.
Frankenmuth Historical Museum
- Features hands-on displays, video and audio, and artifacts to tell the story of travels of the original fifteen settlers from Germany to the Saginaw Valley in 1845. Includes photos, hours, admission, special exhibits, educational programs and directions.
Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum
- Features the history of Gerald R. Ford's presidency and describes current permanent exhibits and events. Located in Ann Arbor.
Gitche Gumee Agate and History Museum
- Features the logging and fishing history of the area, mineralogical displays, community life . Includes details of exhibits, gift shop, hours and directions. Located in Grand Marais.
Grand Blanc Heritage Museum
- The history of the community and surrounding area through displays, activities, and events.
Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Provides information about exhibits, planetarium shows, and the Voigt Historical House.
The Henry Ford
- America's largest indoor/outdoor complex presents exhibits reflecting the change and innovation in American life. Includes calendar of events, hours, admission and directions. Located in Dearborn.
The Historical Society of Saginaw County and the Castle Museum
- Dedicated to serve the community by telling the continuing story of the people of the Saginaw area through exploration, preservation and presentation of their heritage. Includes collection details, programs and events, membership and volunteer information, and a visitor's guide.
- Features exhibits and artifacts of local history with information about the historic houses of the area and of Dutch history and culture.
Houghton County Historical Museum
- Preserves, presents, and interprets the history and culture of the Copper Country in the Upper Peninsula. Includes details of exhibits, photos, hours and open dates, fees, membership rates, calendar of events, and maps. Located in Lake Linden.
Linden Mills Historical Society & Museum
- Features exhibits and artifacts representing the history of Linden, Michigan.
Lowell Area Historical Museum
- Artifacts, programs and exhibits depicts the history of the city and local area.
Marquette Regional History Museum
- Exhibits, artifacts and a research library tracing the history of tracing the history of the city and surrounding area.
Monroe County Historical Museum
- One of the largest collections of 18th and 19th century artifacts relating to Southeast Michigan in Monroe.
Montrose Historical and Telephone Pioneer Museum
- Operating displays of authentic equipment that includes a large collection of antique wall telephones and early style, candlestick desk phones in Montrose.
North Berrien Historical Society Museum
- The history of the resorts of the Paw Paw Lakes, fruit farming businesses, industries, and people of the area.
Ypsilanti Historical Museum and Archives
- The local history of the city and area.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 22, 2016 at 6:15:16 UTC -