become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Maine
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Maine: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Maine: Society and Culture: History
Bangor Museum and Center for History
- Over 10,000 photographic prints, daguerreotypes, tintypes, glass plate negatives, carte-de-visites and postcards of local and regional interest from the early days of photography in the 1840s to the present day.
The Brick Store Museum
- Preserves the rich cultural heritage of the Kennebunks providing history, exhibits, collections, walking tours, and membership information.
The Davistown Museum
- Devoted to the recovery, display and interpretation of old hand tools in that visitors can see, touch and learn about the tools of the early trades of Maine and New England from the colonial period to the Civil War.
Mount Desert Island Historical Society
- Operates two museums with artifact, photograph, and archival collections dedicated to local history from 1761 to the present. Includes photos, hours, admission, events, school programs, membership and volunteer forms, and directions.
The Museums of Old York
- The history and heritage of three centuries of life on the coast of Maine is displayed in eight buildings, including a library and research center.
The Patten Lumberman's Museum
- Dedicated to preserving the history of the logging industry in the Great Northern woods. Includes details of exhibits, hours, rates, photos, events, newsletter, gift shop and directions. Located in Patten, Maine.
The Wilson Museum
- Collection houses artifacts from the early Paleolithic, through the Neolithic, Bronze and Iron Ages, rocks and minerals, early tools, weapons and firearms. Additional historic structures on the grounds. Includes calendar of events, workshops, hours and directions. Located in Castine.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 12, 2015 at 9:13:23 UTC -