become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Kansas
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: United States: Kansas
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Kansas: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Kansas: Society and Culture: History
Ag Heritage Park
- Historical museum featuring collection of antique farm equipment, a school house and memorabilia. Includes photo gallery, hours and directions.
Barton County Historical Society Museum and Village
- An 1873 native stone house, an 1898 church, a 1910 railroad depot, a 1915 school house, and a small post office, including historical information, upcoming events and visitor information located at Great Bend.
Central States Scout Museum
- Memorabilia, attractively displayed in showcases with the core of the collection the personal property of a former scouter named Charles Sherman, chief curator of the museum in Larned.
Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum
- Local history through prehistoric relics and approximately 45,000 artifacts, pictures and documents in Arkansas City.
Coffey County Historical Society and Museum
- Features one of the largest antique doll collections in the state, a restored one-room schoolhouse, Conestoga wagon and country church in Burlington.
Geary County Historical Society and Museum
- Displays local history. Includes photos of exhibits, hours, services, links and directions. Located in Junction City.
Independence Historical Museum
- Exhibits in 22 rooms tell stories of the early settler lifestyle, the history of the oil industry, an Indian culture collection, and various historical artifacts.
Kansas Museum of History
- Exhibits artworks and artifacts depicting Western and state history, from prehistoric to present times. Includes hours, admission rates, events, tours and directions. Located in Topeka.
Kansas Oil Museum
- Indoor exhibits on farming, ranching and oil, a hands-on children's area, and Texaco Theater and Gallery in El Dorado.
Mueller-Schmidt House Museum
- Built by pioneer bootmaker John Mueller in 1881 and features original furniture and artifacts. Panorama Quick Time and virtual tour. Located in Dodge City.
Museum of Crawford County
- Clothing, artifacts, local photographs, exhibits and furniture displays, and displays of agricultural equipment.
National Orphan Train Complex
- General information, history, stories, programs and events, news, educational material, and visitor guide located at Concordia.
Stafford County Historical Society Museum
- The local history of the city and area in Stafford.
The Stevens County Gas and Historical Museum
- Displays of early 1900 furnishings, a chapel, dining room, parlor, kitchen, and a sewing room, and includes displays of Indian artifacts, farming tools, a printing and western shop, and art room in Hugoton.
Trego County Museum
- A history of the area through a vast collection of pioneer possessions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:42:53 PM EDT -