become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Illinois
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: United States: Illinois
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Illinois: Society and Culture: History
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
- Explore over 50,000 square feet devoted to state-of-the-art full-immersion exhibits, special effects theaters and displays of original artifacts. Located in Springfield, Illinois, United States.
The Aurora Historical Society
- Dedicated to the collection and preservation of the area's history. Offers separate tours of William Tanner House and the Arts and History Center. Includes hours, admission, calendar, photos, membership details, gift shop and links.
The Boone County Historical Museum
- Features artifacts and archival materials of the local area. Includes services, membership details, volunteer opportunities, hours, location and admission fees. Located in Belvidere.
Chicago Historical Society
- Features estimated 20 million items, including photographs, drawings, diaries, letters, costumes, textiles, sound recordings, films, books, newspapers, furniture and manufactured objects, architectural fragments and renderings, and many other artifacts. Includes hours and admissions, events, and directions.
Chinese-American Museum of Chicago
- Focuses on the early and recent history of Chinese-Americans in the Midwest through exhibitions..
LaSalle County Historical Society and Museum
- Complex that includes a barn, blacksmith shop, and the Aitken school house. Located in Utica.
Mendota Museum and Historical Society
- Preservation of local history including a display of Wild Bill Hickok memorabilia at the Hume-Carnegie Museum. The Union Depot Railroad Museum has displays of the CB and Q, Milwaukee and Illinois Central items.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 3, 2013 at 7:24:04 UTC -