become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Florida
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Florida: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Florida: Society and Culture: History
Amelia Island Museum of History
- Oral narrations of docents, walking tour guides, lecturers and instructors who revive 4,000 years of history utilizing archival, architectural, photographic, and archaeological research.
Apopka Historical Society and Museum of Apopkans
- Features collection of pictures, artifacts, exhibits and histories of the people, industry, and culture of the town and county. Includes calendar of events, hours of operation, educational programs, membership, volunteer opportunities, map and directions.
Dunedin Historical Society and Museum
- Contains approximately 2,000 artifacts, 2,500 photographs and a library containing 200 volumes of local and Florida history and includes antique clothing, household tools and utensils used by pioneer families from the 1870’s through the 1900’s.
Halifax Historical Museum
- The history of the area with artifacts from early plantations and pioneer families as well as a photographic and postcard collection, and beach auto racing memorabilia.
Key West Art and Historical Society
- Manages and operates three historic museums: The Key West Lighthouse and Keepers' Quarters, East Martello Civil War Fort and The Custom House Museum of Art and History. Includes details of exhibits, schedule, hours, fees, membership form and location.
Labelle Heritage Museum
- Stories of pioneer families, artifacts, and records of western Hendry County.
Light House and Keeper's Quarters Museum
- Features include an 88-step circular iron stairway leading to the deck, a multifaceted first-order Fresnel lens large enough to walk into, a fully restored and recreated house and verandah where the keepers and families lived, instruments, maps, photos, and historic artifacts in Key West.
Museum of Weapons and Early American History
- An authentic collection of swords, antique guns, muskets, and Spanish, English, Colonial and shipwreck artifacts in St. Augustine.
North Brevard Historical Museum
- The local history of the area through the display of historical artifacts, photographs, written records and aural histories.
St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum
- Offers photos and historical information including an event calendar.
St. Petersburg Museum of History
- Offering exhibits, programs, and a collection of 30,000 artifacts of local interest. Includes details of displays, hours, admission, tours, membership details, volunteer opportunities, FAQs and directions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 30, 2014 at 8:06:27 UTC -