become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Connecticut
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Connecticut: Society and Culture: History
Bristol Historical Society
- Contains a museum of items made in Bristol, a Sports Hall of Fame and the Memorial Military Museum.
Brookfield Museum and Historical Society
- An extended research and learning center in Brookfield featuring a museum, programs, classes, lectures and events.
Canton Historical Museum
- Collection of 19th Century memorabilia housed in one of the original Collins Axe Company buildings built in 1865.
Connecticut Antique Machinery Association
- Historical and educational museum of agricultural and industrial machinery. Open weekends in the summer. Located in Kent.
Connecticut Trolley Museum
- Houses over 70 pieces of rail equipment dating back to 1869. Information on collection, library and special events. Located in East Windsor.
Danbury Museum and Historical Society
- Overview plus news and information on events and resources.
The Fire Museum
- Located in the 1901 firehouse in Manchester and offering displays of fire fighting equipment and memorabilia ranging from leather fire buckets to early motorized fire apparatus.
- Former estate of 19th century actor William Gillette and now a house museum run by the State of Connecticuted located in East Haddam.
Knights of Columbus Museum
- Historic artifacts about the heritage of Catholicism and the Knights of Columbus. Located in New Haven.
Litchfield History Museum
- Features collection of American art and artifacts from the 18th through the 21st centuries. Objects include furniture, paintings, textiles, toys, ceramics, trade signs, and other fine and decorative arts.
The Lock Museum of America
- Facebook page of museum that contains the largest collection of locks, keys and ornate hardware in the U.S. Located in the Terryville section of Plymouth.
Manchester Historical Society
- Contains a museum of local history, silk and textile industry.
Mark Twain House
- Tour the Hartford home where Mark Twain lived and worked from 1874 to 1891, and includes children's activities, events calendar, and a Museum Shop.
Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center
- Tribally owned and operated complex, bringing to life the story of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, and serving as a resource on the history of the Tribe, the histories and cultures of other tribes, and the region's natural history.
Merritt Parkway Museum
- Illustrates the history of the design and construction of the Merritt Parkway. Located in Stratford.
Military Museum of Southern New England
- Offering over 10,000 20th and 21st Century Military and Home Side history artifacts. Provides virtual tour and information on exhibits, group tours, events and gift shop.
Mill Museum - Windham Textile and History Museum
- Housed in buildings constructed in 1877 at the Windham Mills complex in Willimantic.
The Museum of Connecticut Glass
- History of glassworks and museum, upcoming events, and contact information. Located in Glastonbury.
Museum of Connecticut History
- Information on collections, research and resources. Located at the Connecticut State Library in Hartford.
New Canaan Historical Society
- Museums include the 1825 Townhouse, Cody Drug Store, the 1764 Hanford-Silliman House, the Tool Museum, the 1799 Rock School, 1878 Rogers Studio & Museum, the Little Red Schoolhouse and Gores Pavillion.
New England Air Museum
- Includes details of airplanes on exhibit, hours, admission, events, educational programs, volunteer opportunities and links. Located at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks.
New England Carousel Museum
- Houses one of the largest collections of antique carousel pieces in the United States. Includes details, events and programs, memberships and contact form. Located in Bristol.
Revolutionary War Office
- 18th-century building used by Jonathan Trumbull for convening the Council of Safety during the American Revolution. Located in Lebanon.
Savin Rock Museum
- History of Savin Rock, a 100-year-old amusement park in West Haven.
Stony Creek Museum
- Member-based museum whose purpose is to collect, archive, maintain and exhibit for the public manuscripts, pictures, objects, artifacts, memorabilia and items that reflect the history, culture and community of Stony Creek, Connecticut and the Thimble Islands.
The Timex Museum
- The story of the company and its heritage dating back to the 1850's in Waterbury.
- Collection features photographs, letters, advertising items, vintage clothing, tools and all other materials either manufactured locally or items owned by residents, past or present. Includes hours, forums, general store and location map.
Vintage Radio and Communications Museum of Connecticut
- Museum displays cover the periods from the mid 1850s up until the dawn of the computer age in the 1970s, including telegraph, recording studio equipment, movie equipment, vacuum tubes and many other items.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 11:05:04 UTC -