become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/California
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: United States: California
Living History and Open Air
Regional: North America: United States: California: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: California: Society and Culture: History
The African American Firefighter Museum
- Dedicated to collecting, conserving and sharing the heritage of African American firefighters. Information on education programs, organizations, museum history, and links to resources. Located in Los Angeles.
- Local history of the island.
Antique Gas and Steam Engine Museum
- Depicts life in the early 1900's through exhibits, ongoing restoration projects, and live demonstrations. Events, shows, services, and projects.
California Route 66 Museum
- Displays a collection of historic photographs and artifacts related to the history of the highway and its communities in Victorville.
Capitola Historical Museum
- A collection of photographs and artifacts related to the city's history, and offers changing exhibits on the history and art of the area.
Catalina Island Museum
- The history of the island through exhibits.
The Clarke Historical Museum
- Displays include furniture, glassware, clothing, and other items from the Victorian period.
Folsom History Museum
- A collection of artifacts and treasures that chronicle the settlement and development of the area.
Hattie Weber Museum of Davis
- Exhibits depicting local history of the city and area.
Healdsburg Museum and Historical Society
- The history of the city and area through exhibits.
Kern County Museum
- Features 56 historic exhibits, many in relocated structures, including temporary exhibitions and special events.
The Kern Valley Museum
- Artifacts and memorabilia depicting the history of the area.
Museum of Local History
- Tells the story of pioneers who settled in Washington Township from the 1840's to World War II. Includes details of exhibits, hours of operation, membership details and directions. Located in Fremont.
Pasadena Museum of History
- Devoted to local history and culture, and includes exhibitions, events, educational programs, and visitor information.
Paso Robles Pioneer Museum
- Displays filled with placards and signs explaining the historic pieces and their place in history.
Riverside Metropolitan Museum
- Features anthropology, history, natural history, and educational displays. Includes details of collection, calendar of events, staff directory and contact information.
San Diego History Center
- Offers exhibitions from the Society's collections as well as from national and international traveling shows, and includes public lectures, workshops, and educational programs.
The San Dieguito Heritage Museum
- Collection of artifacts and photos that document the history of the region from the original tribes, to the Ranchero period until California became part of the United States in 1850, and through the period when settlers and homesteaders arrived in the region from the Midwest.
San Francisco Museum and Historical Society
- The history of the city and its area through exhibitions, programs, and special events.
Saratoga Historical Foundation
- Museum hours, educational programs, local history, photos, online forum, newsletters, local events, volunteer opportunities, and membership information.
The Sharpsteen Museum
- The history of the upper Napa Valley from its pre-history to post World War I with an emphasis on people and changes brought by the period of U.S. emigration and development.
Union City Historical Museum
- Contains artifacts, documents, and historical books. Includes virtual museum, newsletters and directions.
- Offers exhibits on local history of the city and area.
Whittier Historical Society and Museum
- History of the city and area through exhibits.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:24:10 AM EDT -