become an editor
the entire directory
only in Canada/Nova_Scotia
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: Canada: Nova Scotia
Acadian Museum and Archives
- Local history from the 1700's through artifacts, documents, and literature.
Antigonish Heritage Museum
- Features two major display rooms with exhibits that depict the history and material culture of the area. Includes hours, membership, photos, services and location.
Balmoral Grist Mill Museum
- Includes history, photos, hours of operation, entrance fees, and location details.
Barrington Woolen Mill Museum
- Part of Nova Scotia Museum and features a collection of carding machines, spinning jennies, looms, a dye house and wool-scouring equipment. Includes hours, admission, events, links and directions.
Cumberland County Museum and Archives
- Focuses on the industrial and social history of the county from Native America times to the present. Lists hours, fees, exhibits, events, membership and links. Located in Amherst.
- Furnishes background information, descriptions and photos of special collections, news and upcoming events, and an online catalogue. Located in Bridgewater, NS.
Dory Shop Museum
- Built in 1880. Includes history, photos, hours of operation, admission, events, links and directions. Located in Shelburne. [English and French].
Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
- Displays feature the world's largest collection of Bluenose artifacts and a tribute to those lost at sea from the port of Lunenburg. Includes a visitor's guide, details of exhibits, special events, FAQs and directions.
Fisherman's Life Museum
- Built in 1857 by James Myers, this modest house is a typical inshore fisherman's home of the early 1900s. History, photos, hours of operation, admission, and directions. Located in Jeddore Oyster Pond.
Kings County Museum
- Several permanent exhibits, a large collection of information for people researching community history or family history, a book shop, and historical photographs.
Northumberland Fisheries Museum
- Includes an authentic fisherman's bunkhouse, 1930's racing boat "The Silver Bullet," artifacts, cannery display, rare live lobsters, photos, boat models, and fishing videos.
Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
- Presents natural history facts and photos, news, special events, education and research resources, publications catalogue and ordering information. Located in Halifax, NS.
Yarmouth County Museum and Archives
- Features information about the museum and its exhibits, an events calendar, and a selection of old photographs of the town.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2014 at 13:31:21 UTC -