become an editor
the entire directory
only in Canada/Nova_Scotia
Acadian Museum and Archives
- Local history from the 1700's through artifacts, documents, and literature.
Antigonish Heritage Museum
- Features two major display rooms with exhibits that depict the history and material culture of the area. Includes hours, membership, photos, services and location.
Balmoral Grist Mill Museum
- Includes history, photos, hours of operation, entrance fees, and location details.
Barrington Woolen Mill Museum
- Part of Nova Scotia Museum and features a collection of carding machines, spinning jennies, looms, a dye house and wool-scouring equipment. Includes hours, admission, events, links and directions.
The Chestico Museum
- Contains artifacts, wall displays, books, history of homes in Port Hood with pictures, articles of people or events, and gift shop.
Cumberland County Museum and Archives
- Focuses on the industrial and social history of the county from Native America times to the present. Lists hours, fees, exhibits, events, membership and links. Located in Amherst.
- Furnishes background information, descriptions and photos of special collections, news and upcoming events, and an online catalogue. Located in Bridgewater, NS.
Dory Shop Museum
- Built in 1880. Includes history, photos, hours of operation, admission, events, links and directions. Located in Shelburne. [English and French].
Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
- Displays feature the world's largest collection of Bluenose artifacts and a tribute to those lost at sea from the port of Lunenburg. Includes a visitor's guide, details of exhibits, special events, FAQs and directions.
Fisherman's Life Museum
- Built in 1857 by James Myers, this modest house is a typical inshore fisherman's home of the early 1900s. History, photos, hours of operation, admission, and directions. Located in Jeddore Oyster Pond.
Fultz House Museum
- Located in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, in a house dating back to the 1860's, displaying a collection of artifacts, which interpret the cultural past of the Sackville area and the Fultz family.
Kings County Museum
- Several permanent exhibits, a large collection of information for people researching community history or family history, a book shop, and historical photographs.
Museum of Industry
- Experience the fascinating story of industrial workers, including unique machines, technology, and stories of sweat, grit, tears, tragedies and triumphs, including hands-on fun in Stellarton.
Northumberland Fisheries Museum
- Includes an authentic fisherman's bunkhouse, 1930's racing boat "The Silver Bullet," artifacts, cannery display, rare live lobsters, photos, boat models, and fishing videos.
Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History
- Presents natural history facts and photos, news, special events, education and research resources, publications catalogue and ordering information. Located in Halifax, NS.
Sutherland Steam Mill Museum
- The mill's importance to and influence on the community is still evident in the fancy gingerbread trim on many local houses. Recently restored, the Mill's steam boilers and machinery are operated several times during the season.
West Hants Historical Society - Museum
- Artifacts and historical information related to Hants County. Located in Windsor, NS.
Yarmouth County Museum and Archives
- Features information about the museum and its exhibits, an events calendar, and a selection of old photographs of the town.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 27, 2015 at 23:06:01 UTC -