become an editor
the entire directory
only in Canada/British_Columbia
Britannia Mine Museum
- An underground adventure at Britannia Beach that includes special events, changing exhibits, activities, displays and guided underground tours.
Chilliwack Museum and Archives
- Information on exhibitions, education programs, archive materials and local history. Includes hours of operation and a location map.
A Cowboy, Ranching, and Rodeo Museum
- Home to the Cowboy Hall of Fame, and a special display area featuring photos, biographies and memorabilia of the province's outstanding cowboys.
Cowichan Valley Museum
- Housed in a 1912 railroad station along the E and N Railway. Includes photo gallery, hours, admission rates, guided tours, educational programs, archives, publications, gift shop, volunteer program and contact details. Located in Duncan.
- Showcases the historic home in Victoria of the wealthy Dunsmuir family as well as their contribution to the development of Vancouver Island, BC.
- Outside, find a trapper's cabin, a turn-of-the-century schoolhouse, an historic steam locomotive, and early farm machinery. Indoors, visit an early store and doctor's office, examine the unique Kutenai Canoe, and chat with pioneer ladies and prospectors.
The Cumberland Museum and Archives
- Local history of the city and area.
Delta Museum and Archives
- Exhibits that explore the lives and history of Deltans through various themes and exhibits.
Fort Langley National Historic Site of Canada
- Learn more about the fur trade and the Hudson's Bay Company with costumed interpreters and historic artifacts at an 1839 fort. [English/French]
Fort Steele Heritage Town
- Photos, exhibits, announcements, resources, products and events are available with over 50 exhibit buildings to visit.
- Exhibits the history and culture of the island. Displays include petroglyphs carved by the island's first inhabitants, European settlement, and data on native plants.
- Local history of the city and area.
Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site of Canada
- An intact fish cannery that includes an introductory film, guided tours with knowledgeable interpreters, and interactive exhibits.
Log Cabin Museum and Archives
- Operates the museum and archives, dedicated to the preservation of the historical records of the Saanich Peninsula, near Victoria. Provides membership details, volunteerism, and a meeting schedule.
Mackenzie and District Museum
- Local history of the community.
Museum at Campbell River
- Exhibits representing the culture and history of North Vancouver Island and an Archives Research Center.
Nanaimo District Museum
- A local history of the city and area.
North Vancouver Museum and Archives
- Collections of artifacts, documents, and photographs highlight community development, and includes information about events, volunteerism and publications.
- Historical information about Osoyoos, BC and its surrounding area. Includes photo galleries and a history of the region.
Powell River Historical Museum
- History of the local community.
Rossland Museum and Gold Mine Tour
- Exhibits and unique experience of an underground tour into a historic hard-rock gold mine.
Royal BC Museum
- Presents the natural and human history of the area through three different galleries, natural history, first peoples, and modern history.
Saanich Historical Artifacts Society
- Collections of working steam engines, tractors, agricultural machinery, and household and industrial artifacts.
Sunshine Coast Museum and Archives
- Discover natural history collections, pioneer period rooms, First Nations and small wooden boats and models. Includes photos, programs and newsletters. Located in Gibsons Landing.
Touchstones Nelson: Museum of Art and History
- Preserves and displays treasures of the cities past.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 27, 2013 at 8:18:47 UTC -