become an editor
the entire directory
only in Canada/Alberta
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: North America: Canada: Alberta
Regional: North America: Canada: Alberta: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
- Local historical museum containing artifacts dating back to Canmore's conception.
The Crowsnest Museum
- Provides information about its collections that tell the history of the area and its people, and includes a brief description of its sections.
- Includes activities, events, printable map, volunteer opportunities and tour information in Calgary.
The Fort Museum of the North West Mounted Police
- Provides the history, information, exhibit guide, shop, education programs, and calendar of events located in Fort Macleod.
- Provides upcoming events, general museum information and current collections.
Homestead Antique Museum, Drumheller
- Features a collection of early Canadiana with over 10,000 antiques and artifacts from the Victorian and Edwardian eras.
Kalyna Country Ecomuseum
- Museum of cultural heritage district depicting early settlement patterns for Ukrainian pioneers, other cultures and natural history interpretation.
Leduc #1 Energy Discovery Centre
- Celebrating the Leduc #1 discovery of oil in 1947 and providing energy education that includes oilfield and related artifacts, and includes exhibits and events in Devon.
Millet and District Museum and Archives
- Exhibits reflect the history of the village and the 13 surrounding school districts c.1900 to 1950 that includes a kitchen, a bedroom and parlour, barber shop, an office, a school, and The Tool Shed.
Mountain View Museum
- Artifacts, displays, and archives pertaining to the history of the town of Olds and area.
Pioneer Acres Museum
- Exhibition of antique farm machinery in western Canada.
Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery
- Tells the story of the diverse peoples of the Red Deer River Valley from the early First nations culture to the birth of a modern city, and hosts touring exhibits that reflect many different facets of the community.
Rocky Mountain House Museum
- Exhibits featuring Western Canadian homesteading implements, household effects from the early 1900’s, a player piano and a forestry cabin. Includes programs, hours and contact information. Located in the community of Rocky Mountain House.
Royal Alberta Museum
- A full range of exhibitions and activities for every age level and interest.
Sundre and District Pioneer Village Museum
- A collection of artifacts and buildings of the area. Features events, exhibits, location, and hours.
The Telephone Historical Centre
- From antique phones to talking robots, this museum chronicles the evolution of telecommunications with the visitors operating an old switchboard and use past switching equipment, and see exhibits depicting the telephone repairman located in Edmonton.
Wetaskiwin and District Heritage Museum
- A heritage pioneer museum in Wetaskiwin, AB. Provides a summary of its exhibits and information for visitors and groups.
Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies
- Devoted to the cultural history of the Canadian Rocky Mountains and mountain cultures throughout the world.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 28, 2013 at 6:15:07 UTC -