become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Illinois
Living History and Open Air
Arlington Heights Historical Museum
- Permanent exhibit information on the Coach House, log cabin (an 1830s replica), the Müller House (1890s) and the Banta House (1908) with history, classes and programs, and calendar of events.
Garfield Farm and Inn Museum
- A 281-acre farmstead and former 1840s teamster inn is listed in the National Register of Historic Sites. History, hours of operation, location, tours and educational resources. Located in LaFox.
Homestead Prairie Farm
- The farm site is built around the restored Trobaugh-Good house located within the confines of Rock Springs Center for Environmental Discovery. Includes hours, events and program calendar. Located in Decatur.
Illinois Historic Preservation Agency - Apple River Fort
- The site of an important battle during the Black Hawk War on June 24, 1832 with historical information, images and visitor information located at Elizabeth.
Illinois Historic Preservation Agency - Fort de Chartres
- An early French fort from 1720 to 1763 with history, images and visitor information located at Prairie du Rocher.
- A village of log cabins built from 1818-1860 on 74 acres that includes services, FAQ, crafters information and gallery located at Kinmundy.
Lincoln Log Cabin State Historic Site
- The 1840s home of Thomas and Sarah Bush Lincoln is now an 86-acre living history farm run by the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency, which includes a replica of the Lincoln log cabin and two other farm houses of the period. Online movie about the site and its history.
Macon County Historical Society Museum
- Contains the original 1830 courthouse, an 1860 log home, blacksmith shop, print shop, 1880s train depot. Includes hours, admission rates and directions. Located in Decatur.
Midway Village and Museum Center
- Features historical structures that include a general and hardware stores, print and blacksmith shops, schoolhouse, town hall, police station, plumbing and barber shops, bank, hotel, hospital, fire station, church, law office, two barns, and four farm houses located at Rockford.
- A museum village where 19th century homes, shops and public buildings tell the story of daily life in Naperville as it changed from a frontier outpost to a bustling turn-of-the-century community.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 16, 2014 at 19:08:18 UTC -