become an editor
the entire directory
only in Living_History_and_Open_Air/Europe
Living History and Open Air
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: Living History and Open Air: Europe
Reference: Museums: History: Europe
7 Grachtenmusea in Amsterdam
- Information about the 7 canal museums. Includes descriptions and hours. Located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. [English and Dutch]
- The site of a Benedictine abbey in Belgium which has been developed as an open-air museum, even as the excavations continue. Virtual reconstructions and 360-degree panorama.
The Ethnographic Open Air Museum Etar
- Situated 8 km south of the town of Gabrovo in Bulgaria it displays the architecture, life style and economic past of region during the second half of the 18th and the 19th centuries. Craftsman's workshops, exhibitions.
Gammelgården: The Folklore Park
- Map, schedule of events, and contact information for the replica of a northern farm and village of the early 19th century. Dalsland, Sweden.
Glentleiten Open Air Museum
- Situated on the foothills of the Alps, the museum conveys a living picture of Upper Bavaria's past and emphasizes farming. Features 40 reconstructed buildings. Includes hours, admission prices, events, guided tours, direction map. [German and English].
Massing and Finsterau
- Authentic villages and homes in these open-air museums in Lower Bavaria.
Mountfitchet Castle & Norman Village
- Take a guided tour of this national historic monument on its original ancient site. Includes a history, news, events, hours, fees, and details of school and group visits. Located in Essex, UK. [French, English, Spanish, Italian, and German]
Netherlands Open Air Museum
- The building has two exhibition halls, a museum shop, a coffee house with terrace, an information desk and a digital board which displays information on the museum and the collections.
Roman Open Air Museum Hechingen-Stein
- A reconstructed Roman Villa Rustica from the 1st to the 3rd century A.D. Description of the site, walking tour and panoramic views. In English and German.
- Open air museum just outside Trier on the Moselle, which presents the folk culture of the European Saar-Lor-Lux region.
The Sandvig Collection
- Tells the story of people in the Gudbrandsdalen Valley the last 300 years. Features rural, urban and 20th century collections. Includes details and photos. Located in Maihaugen, Bergen, Norway. [Norwegian and English]
- Swedish farmsteads, animals and traditional events.
Sverresborg Trøndelag Folkemuseum
- In Norway has a collection of historic buildings brought from various sites and exhibitions in the visitor centre. Includes photographs and descriptions of the buildings and visitor information.
Vallby Open-Air Museum
- Located in northwestern Västerås, it is one of Sweden's largest museums. Features many buildings moved to the location to resemble a village from centuries past. Includes photos, educational programs, hours and directions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:45:05 AM EDT -