become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Iowa
Open Directory - Reference: Museums: History: Historic Houses: North America: United States: Iowa
Reference: Museums: History: Living History and Open Air: North America: United States: Iowa
Regional: North America: United States: Iowa: Arts and Entertainment
- National Trust Historic Site features a museum, a twenty-one room mansion, and a community cultural center on twenty-six acres. Includes information for visitors, events, exhibit and membership details, educational programs, and its history. Located in Cedar Rapids.
- An example of a simplified style of house Frank Lloyd Wright developed and called Usonian owned by businessman Lowell Walter. Includes home and visitor information. Located in Quasqueton.
The Ham House
- An 1856 mansion built by Mathias Ham predominately through his lead mining interests. Includes visitor information. Located in Dubuque.
- Built in 1851 by Rev. George Hitchcock. The secret room in the basement was used to hide runaway slaves on the Underground Railroad. Includes hours, events, resource links, family history and contacts. Located in Lewis.
Hoyt Sherman Place
- A grand manor home built in 1877 by Hoyt Sherman is now a museum and performing arts center with information on events, tours, and restoration updates located at Des Moines.
The Scholte House
- A home constructed in 1848 by Dominie Scholte, a Dutchman, with information on the history, tours, directions, events, and gallery located at Pella.
- An Italianate Victorian-style house built in 1882. Includes information on museum, history of the home, exhibits, and photos. Located in Des Moines.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, September 7, 2012 5:35:05 AM EDT -